A type club for Sonex aircraft

A type club for Sonex aircraft

Postby Sonex1517 » Fri May 03, 2013 11:04 pm

Hello everyone,

As posted separately, we have now publicly announced the Sonex Builders and Pilots Foundation. Our goals are fairly straightforward, and reflect the current effort to improve E/AB safety and promote transition training.

In developing this idea, we discussed many reasons why this idea was worth pursuing. (and believe me, making it happen was an effort!) The main reason is to promote and educate Sonex builders, pilots, and enthusiasts as a community that is unique and growing rapidly.

It is our sincere hope that this type club can become what the members want it to be, and to grow over time into an organization as unique as the type of aircraft it represents.

We welcome your input, your ideas, and your technical assistance. If you have photos, files, tips, tricks, favorite tools, or anything you think would help other Sonex builders, please let us know!

In addition, we would like to begin a list of Sonex builders so that new or prospective builders have a local resource to meet and hopefully visit.

I'd like to publicly thank Mike Farley and Eric Seber, as well as Carl Orton for their hard work and dedication to helping me take this idea from initial discussions on Sonexbuilders.net to a not for profit organization. I would also like to thanks Chris here at Sonexbuilders.net for partnering with us.

Please visit our brand new (and under construction) web site at Sonexfoundation.com

thanks and blue skies
Robbie Culver
Robbie Culver
Sonex 1517
Aero Estates (T25)
First flight 10/10/2015
375+ hours
Jabiru 3300 Gen 4
Prince P Tip
Taildragger
N1517S
Sonex1517