Tool Loan Program

Tool Loan Program

Postby Sonex Foundation » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:52 pm

Since it was mentioned in another thread, I thought I would once again remind the community that we do have a tool loan program.

As mentioned in the link below, We're happy to post any Sonex related tools to this page so that builders in need can contact you to set up the tool loan.

All that we ask is that you return the tools to the original owner and cover shipping both ways.

http://sonexfoundation.com/Tool_Loan_Program.php

Current tools available:

Dana Baker, Sonex 1534, has notified us that he has build-related tools he'd like to make available to other Sonex builders. Per Dana: "All I ask is that whom ever borrows covers postage both ways. Any one who uses any of these does so at their own risk."

Available are:
Wing Rigging Drill Bit
Forward Wing Rib Former
Aft Wing Rib Former
All Turtledeck Formers
Upper Firewall Former
3 formers for the Tail

Eric Seber, Waiex 153 builder, has made available a taper reamer for use when installing the taper pin in the mixer assembly of the Waiex control system. This reamer is a B&S #1 size and will taper holes for the AN 386-1-8 taper pin. Per Eric: "This taper reamer has only been used to install three taper pins and is extremely sharp. Cost to purchase from Aircraft Spruce is $56. All I ask is that you be a Sonex type kit builder/owner, cover shipping costs both ways and return to me as soon as you are done using it. I'd like to be able to loan it out as much as possible."

Available:
B&S Taper Reamer #1

Robbie Culver, Sonex 1517, has adjustable reamers, a set of strap duplicators, and some miscellaneous tools left over from his recent completion.

Added by David A:

my tools for grinding inside of fuel tanks for oops fittings to the foundation's tool rental.

Do you have a tools around the shop that you're not using? If you would like to loan any of your tools out to other Sonex builders in need? Let us know!

Contact robbie at sonexfoundation dot org for specifics or to add your tools and name to this list.
Robbie Culver
President
Sonex Builders and Pilots Foundation
http://www.Sonexfoundation.com
Sonex Foundation

Return to Sonex Builders and Pilots Foundation