Where to get seat belts

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Xenos.

Where to get seat belts

Postby Carlos Trigo » Thu May 07, 2020 5:05 pm

Guys

Where do Sonex 2-seater builders normally go to shop for seat belts?

Carlos
Carlos Trigo

Where to get seat belts

Postby Fastcapy » Thu May 07, 2020 11:43 pm

I got some awesome custom belts at a great price from Crow Enterprizes. They were great to work with and you can customize them to your needs and colors. Different latching mechanisms, padding options, etc. I needed the padding position changed and they adjusted it no problem for me.

Attached is a pic of the stock belts and my crow belts. Image

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Mike Beck
Oshkosh, WI (KOSH)
Sonex #1145 N920MB
Std Gear, Modified Aerovee, Rotec TBI, Dual Stick, Acro Ailerons
MGL Panel
Airworthiness: 10/24/13, First Flight: 05/18/14
Fastcapy

Re: Where to get seat belts

Postby jrs » Thu May 07, 2020 11:53 pm

Amen to the positive opinion of Crow. Got their name from someone here on the forum and ordered product from them. Came quick and as far as I can tell great product. Installed without a hitch. Hopefully I'll never test the restraint capacity but confident in performance if I do. Good vendor to root for.
jrs

Where to get seat belts

Postby Carlos Trigo » Fri May 08, 2020 3:14 am

Fastcapy wrote:I got some awesome custom belts at a great price from Crow Enterprizes. They were great to work with and you can customize them to your needs and colors. Different latching mechanisms, padding options, etc. I needed the padding position changed and they adjusted it no problem for me.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

[quote="Fastcapy"]I got some awesome custom belts at a great price from Crow Enterprizes. They were great to work with and you can customize them to your needs and colors. Different latching mechanisms, padding options, etc. I needed the padding position changed and they adjusted it no problem for me.

You sent a picture of the “stock belts”.
Does this mean that the Sonex factory include seat belts in the fuselage kit?

Carlos
Carlos Trigo

Postby GordonTurner » Fri May 08, 2020 7:51 am

They used to. Not anymore.
Waiex 158 New York. N88YX registered.
3.0 Liter Corvair built, run, and installed.
Garmin panel, Shorai LiFePo batteries.
GordonTurner

Postby pfhoeycfi » Fri May 08, 2020 8:15 am

Crow sells a set for the sonex and you can add options like the shoulder pads or, simply build your own using their selection matrix....very simple. I recvd my set a few months back. Quality seems very good. Just note if you opt for the beefier hardware, the hw mounting holes will be larger and you'll have to bush down.

Peter
Peter Hoey
SEL Pvt, Comm Glider, CFIG, Pawnee & L19 Towpilot
Philadelphia Glider Council
Sonex B SNB0021, N561PH, Taildragger, Aerovee Turbo, MGL MX1, First flight Dec 18, 2022
Also built Sonerai IIL N86PH
pfhoeycfi

Postby jowens » Fri May 08, 2020 5:41 pm

Crow enterprise lists Sonex-B belts. Is the B model mounting points different than the A model? I assume not with the same tailcone on both?
Jim Owens
Dynon HDX1100, dual controls, Viking 110, taildragger
660 Hours, first flight 10-17-2018
jowens

Postby pappas » Fri May 08, 2020 5:56 pm

I built a legacy and a B model. They are the same.
Lou Pappas
Phoenix, AZ
RV-7A (Building)
Waiex B Turbo
RV-8
Waiex Legacy 3300
Hiperlight SNS-9
Falcon Ultralight[/b]
pappas

Postby inventor » Sun May 10, 2020 11:33 am

I wonder if anyone can answer a question about the seat belts provided with the Onex kit. My plans call for a circular camlock but the belts supplied has a flip release with all the belts having an elongated, slotted, connector that slips over the male tab. Does anyone know of a reason for this change? I can only assume that cost was a consideration. I was getting ready to bolt the ends back in the tailcone when I noticed that the adjustments are back there. How in the world will I be able to reach back there to make any adjustments? I am considering the purchase of a set with the circular connector made for auto racing, in particular "RaceQuip" belts that adjust at the chest. Any comments about this would be appreciated
Onex 150
inventor

Postby 9GT » Sun May 10, 2020 12:06 pm

inventor wrote:I wonder if anyone can answer a question about the seat belts provided with the Onex kit. My plans call for a circular camlock but the belts supplied has a flip release with all the belts having an elongated, slotted, connector that slips over the male tab. Does anyone know of a reason for this change? I can only assume that cost was a consideration. I was getting ready to bolt the ends back in the tailcone when I noticed that the adjustments are back there. How in the world will I be able to reach back there to make any adjustments? I am considering the purchase of a set with the circular connector made for auto racing, in particular "RaceQuip" belts that adjust at the chest. Any comments about this would be appreciated

The camlock style belts from Crow are more expensive that that standard latch belts. I put the camlocks in my RV-10 and also in the RV-9A. I curse myself every time I get in a plane with those goofy slot and tab belts.!
David Clifford
Howell & Gladwin, MI
RV-9A: Under Construction (I'm a repeat offender!)
RV-10: Built & Sold: Flying Since 2013 N959RV
Cozy MKIV: Built & Sold: Flying Since 2007 N656TE
9GT

Next

Return to Xenos