Paint? Paint? We don't need no stinkin' paint!

Use this area to create a thread with photos from your build.

Re: Paint? Paint? We don't need no stinkin' paint!

Postby Glenn.hunt » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:38 am

Mike, Looks great! As you know, N414SX is polished with minimal paint. If at some point down the road I get tired of polishing, this would be a great alternative to pulling the plane apart to paint.
Glenn.hunt

Postby John Usher » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:58 pm

Is the cowling wrapped as well and if so, how does the vinyl hold up under the radiant heat from the engine?
John Usher
Sold all my toys...
John Usher

Postby XenosN42 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:28 am

John Usher wrote:Is the cowling wrapped as well and if so, how does the vinyl hold up under the radiant heat from the engine?

Sure the cowling is wrapped, check out the pictures. So far all the wrap has held up well after 32 hours of air time.
-- Michael
OneX N169XE
author of the 'Flight Data Viewer'
XenosN42

Postby bryannortje » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:52 am

Hi Guys

I built a Skyranger Nynja and decided early on to completely go out the box of what "everyone" else does. Spent some time with a really great Graphics Company, made some templates from the fuselage, they then printed the graphics onto vinyl and then wrapped both sides of my plane from front to rear. Each side was one piece print. The Wheel Spats took longer to do than the fuselage. The aircraft Reg is: G-TORO go figure that one :lol:
Attachments
Bertie RH Rear Side(smaller).jpg
bryannortje

Postby fastj22 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:59 pm

John Usher wrote:Is the cowling wrapped as well and if so, how does the vinyl hold up under the radiant heat from the engine?

I've wrapped two Sonex and both are holding up pretty well. Seems the heat from the cowl actually helps set the vinyl. The only issue we are seeing is some edge lifting where we didn't get enough primer glue down or poor surface prep.

John Gillis
SEL Private, Comm Glider, Tow pilot (Pawnee Driver)
Waiex N116YX, Jabiru 3300, Tail dragger,
First flight, 3/16/2013. 403 hours and climbing.
Home: CO15. KOSH x 5
Flying a B-Model Conversion (Super Bee Baby!)
fastj22

Postby WilliamBatten » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:19 pm

So, I'm new to the Sonex Builders forum. It is very impressive and will be extremely valuable to me as I begin my building journey.

Having said that, I can't figure out how to see an image that is embedded into the post. Can someone give me the decoder ring?

Thanks in advance,

Bill
New to Sonex Builders
Bill
N67WX - Reserved
Waiex-B Taildragger
Jabiru 3300
WilliamBatten

Postby XenosN42 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:03 pm

WilliamBatten wrote:So, I'm new to the Sonex Builders forum. It is very impressive and will be extremely valuable to me as I begin my building journey.

Having said that, I can't figure out how to see an image that is embedded into the post. Can someone give me the decoder ring?

Thanks in advance,

Bill
New to Sonex Builders

Are you viewing the post in the daily digest email? If so I’ve found the some pictures aren’t displayed there. Just click on the post topic header and it will be displayed in a web browser. You should see all the pictures then.

If you’re using a ‘smartphone’ and not seeing the pictures that might be the issue.
-- Michael
OneX N169XE
author of the 'Flight Data Viewer'
XenosN42

Postby WilliamBatten » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:29 am

Michael,

Thanks for the response.

Are you viewing the post in the daily digest email? No

If so I’ve found the some pictures aren’t displayed there. Just click on the post topic header and it will be displayed in a web browser. You should see all the pictures then. That did not work

If you’re using a ‘smartphone’ and not seeing the pictures that might be the issue. No

I've attached a picture of what I am seeing on my computer - a small green icon with the word Image next to it. I've clicked on the headings - no change. I must be overlooking something - it cannot be this difficult to see an image.

Bill
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-04-05 082226.jpg
Screenshot 2022-04-05 082226.jpg (33.49 KiB) Viewed 3625 times
Bill
N67WX - Reserved
Waiex-B Taildragger
Jabiru 3300
WilliamBatten

Postby WilliamBatten » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:30 am

Michael,

A bit more information.

I'm using a PC, Windows 10, Chrome browser.

Bill
Bill
N67WX - Reserved
Waiex-B Taildragger
Jabiru 3300
WilliamBatten

Postby DCASonex » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:21 am

You are not the only one who cannot see the photos in THIS topic. Also using Windows on various computers with Chrome browser. Usually photos do pop right up when clicking on the topic, as per previous reply, and if not then, by logging directly into the forum website, but not with THESE photos that appear to have been sent as an attachment which I did not think w as an option with postings on this site, and not even on PM messages ???

David A.
DCASonex

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Album