hole pattern difference?

Anything related to props

hole pattern difference?

Postby Mike53 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:56 am

Does anyone know if the prop hole pattern is the same or different on the Aerovee and the Hummel?
I have to pick my prince prop up at Oshkosh this year and I have to let them know which engine I am going with so they can drill the proper pattern.If they are the same I can choose my engine after Oshkosh as I plan to have a talk with Scott Casler while I'm there.
Cheers,
Mike
Mike
I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Reserved C-FONX for the 80th Onex,Hummel 85HP ,Tri gear,GRT Mini X EFIS,and EMS,iFly 740 GPS
Mike53

Re: hole pattern difference?

Postby MichaelFarley56 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:17 pm

Hi Mike,

I've heard that the AeroVee is the only one that uses prop hub bolt bushings (the red anodized ones) which require that area in the prop to be reamed for proper fit. You may want to ask Lonnie if there's a difference. I'm sure he can tell you, but if not, getting the AeroVee bolt pattern is easy enough. Get in touch with Scott Casler prior to Oshkosh and ask what prop bolt pattern he uses.
Mike Farley
Waiex #0056 - N569KM
Jabiru 3300A #1706
MGL Panel
MichaelFarley56

Re: hole pattern difference?

Postby Mike53 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:45 pm

Thanks Michael.Sounds like they will indeed be different.I was definitely leaning towards the Hummel anyway ,but I will call Scott and have a long talk to clear up my issues about support from him.
Mike
Mike
I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Reserved C-FONX for the 80th Onex,Hummel 85HP ,Tri gear,GRT Mini X EFIS,and EMS,iFly 740 GPS
Mike53

Return to Propellers