IVO Electrics?

Anything related to props

IVO Electrics?

Postby CRAZEDpilot » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:03 am

Anyone use the Ivo electric props? I've never flown with one but the IVO Medium looks promissing. Can they be used for Sonex? I'm not building at this time but I'm unsure if this is a good application for that prop or not?
CRAZEDpilot

Re: IVO Electrics?

Postby Mike53 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:50 pm

After a little research I found more negative than positive remarks about the IVO Props Vans air force had a lot of negative feedback. Having an adjustable prop would be cool but I would spend a lot of time doing more research.
Catto Props seemed to be a favorite of those that shunned IVO.but they are not adjustable.
I would be interested to know if a 3 blade prop would work on the Onex. Those 3 blade Catto Props would look pretty cool on the front . 8-)
Mike
I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Reserved C-FONX for the 80th Onex,Hummel 85HP ,Tri gear,GRT Mini X EFIS,and EMS,iFly 740 GPS
Mike53

Postby onex28 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:42 pm

I've been flying a 3 blade IVO on my T51 and have had no problems with it. There is a set procedure to follow for installaltion and torqueing. Follow that and you should have no problems. You might conctact IVO and get their opinion as to a 3 blade on a VW engine.

David
Titan T51
ONEX 28
onex28

Postby radfordc » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:48 pm

Just a thought... A controllable prop puts the plane outside of the Sport Pilot rules. May not be a factor for you, but could limit your market if you ever decided to sell.

Most direct drive VW's warn against using anything other than wood props. Again, this may not apply.
radfordc

Return to Propellers