The Whiners Thread

For non Aviation related discussions.

Re: The Whiners Thread

Postby Matt541 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:11 pm

WOW! Sorry to hear about all that Wes, this year's been a mess on my end as well. But we keep on truckin'.
(If some of these people put as much effort in worthwhile endeavors, they'd be the next Gates or Musk...)

I'm currently a delivery boy and see all kinds of people using those Ring doorbells, don't know how well they count as a security system, but seem to be popular as a deterrent/ recording device. Some of them whistle at ya when they sense motion.

Another fun fact:
I had to go through a module on meth as part of my delivery training. They claimed it was originally created by the gov to give to fighter pilots during WW2. Boy how that one spun out of control...
Sonex 541, TD, Center Stick, Revmaster w/ Prince P <SOLD>
:arrow: Anxiously awaiting the new Highwing
Matt541

Postby WesRagle » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:34 pm

HI Art,

builderflyer wrote:One thing I've finally learned is to not go to court without an attorney present. Having one judge who I'd just met tell me that I was too stupid to represent myself was unpleasant to hear and having another judge refuse to answer a simple question because he would rather not deprive one of his buddies in private practice to earn a living was disappointing. At least here in California, the court system shows little respect for an individual attempting to represent themselves. Even when you win, you feel as though you've lost. I don't know if your situation is worthy of hiring an attorney, but you may want to carefully consider that option.

I think I will. I was determined not to just because I didn't want their mistake to cost me money. But ..., it will probably be worth it just for the peace of mind knowing someone knowledgeable of laws and procedures is on my side.

Wes
Wes Ragle
Onex #89
Conventional Gear
Long Tips
Hummel 2400 w/Zenith Carb
Prince P Tip 54x50
First Flight 06/23/2020
42.8 Hrs. as of 10/30/21
WesRagle

Postby builderflyer » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:32 am

Hi Wes,

If the collection agency doesn't actually drop the case before going to court and you win as you should, ask the court for a judgement against the plaintiff to recover all of your expenses (including attorney's fees) in fighting the case. It's my understanding that judges really don't care for plaintiffs who file what may be a frivolous law suit. It's worth a try.

But what do I know, I'm a retired engineer/pilot, not a lawyer.

Art,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sonex taildragger #95,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jabiru 3300 #261
builderflyer

Previous

Return to Off Topic