Yahoo groups

For non Aviation related discussions.

Re: Yahoo groups

Postby rizzz » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:37 pm

Looks like they fixed up those groups good now.
I'm not able to access any of my groups at all now...
Michael
Sonex #145 from scratch (mostly)
Taildragger, 2.4L VW engine, AeroInjector, Prince 54x48 P-Tip
VH-MND, CofA issued 2nd of November 2015
First flight 7th of November 2015
Phase I Completed, 11th of February 2016
http://www.mykitlog.com/rizzz/
rizzz

Re: Yahoo groups - Is it just me?

Postby daleandee » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:25 am

I would think that the membership of this group would soar seeing as how Yahoo is systematically destroying anything good they had going on. Over the last few days I have had an issue when trying to move forward to the next message in a group, that is, Yahoo would take me back to the sign in screen and I'd have to back out and go at it again. That was frustrating enough but now for any group link I use, that has worked for the last dozen years, I get an error message that says my browser sent a request that the server could not understand. Oddly enough my Yahoo email account still works.

No problems at all with any other site ... just anything connected to Yahoo Groups. Am I the only one?

Dale
N319WF
daleandee

Postby Bryan Cotton » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:18 am

You are not the only one.
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Postby BK9977 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:27 am

Yep, all my groups are messed up. Leave it to Yahoo...
BK9977

Postby daleandee » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:53 am

Seems they are back working again ... for how ever long that lasts. Don't know why the majority aren't sick of it and moved over to this forum.

Dale
N319WF
daleandee

Postby Rynoth » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:44 am

As a new builder, I've found the Yahoo groups to be very cumbersome to use. It's a real chore trying to sift through old posts trying to find nuggets of information that would be useful to me in the current phases of my project. I'm afraid that there's a lot of really great information on the Yahoo sites that I just won't be able to find, since all topics are clumped into one and I have to scroll through hundreds of topics just to go back a few years. Also, just viewing a topic that has multiple replies requires several non-intuitive clicks to "show all messages in topic" and then "xx more messages" and then click each message individually to actually show it. Why 3 clicks (+1 for every post in the topic) to do what the first click said it would do? Maybe I'm missing something...

Edit: As for the email method, I can definitely see some benefits of having offline access to your entire history of participation on the Yahoo groups.... but how would I, as a new user/builder, replicate that experience? Is there some way for me, via email, to load the treasure trove of information currently on the Yahoo groups onto my computer in a fashion that you have, to reap the same benefits? I'm afraid that this method only works if you have been using the site for years.
Ryan Roth
N197RR - Waiex #197 (Turbo Aerovee Taildragger)
Knoxville, TN (Hangar at KRKW)
My project blog: http://www.rynoth.com/wordpress/waiex/
Time-lapse video of my build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8QTd2HoyAM
Rynoth

Postby Mike53 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:23 pm

I think if I found a Yahoo I would drive a stake through it's heart and bury it 6 feet under and leave no marker :x
Yahoo informed me that my password was somehow compromised and I would need to create a new one.In my last attempt at doing so I used 9 random numbers a couple hyphens one plus sign and one = sign then added in upper case my call sign for the Onex and It refused it telling me it was too weak.Are they out of their frikin minds ?
I only want access to the site to view the pictures for the Onex.
My next attempt will be something like YahOOeyehopeYoUrotinHELLfora1000+yeaRs but I am certain they will tell me it's too weak.
Bastards.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Mike
Mike
I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Reserved C-FONX for the 80th Onex,Hummel 85HP ,Tri gear,GRT Mini X EFIS,and EMS,iFly 740 GPS
Mike53

Postby chris » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:07 pm

Mike53 wrote:Thanks for letting me vent.
Mike

You're welcome. Hope it helped.
Chris
Sonex 1409
Slowly Scratch Building
Site Owner/Admin
chris
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Off Topic