Any Aircraft Maintenance people?

For non Aviation related discussions.

Postby structurespilot » Tue May 29, 2012 12:34 am

Hello, I'm a Structures AME here in Canada. My full time job is maintaining a fleet of 45 aircraft for a local charter company. My part time job is structural repairs for a local Cessna service centre, which currently supports my building habit.

Any other builder in our group who are AME's, A&P's , or JAR, engineers?

My tail kit should be here in two days (Waiex). I have a Corvair engine core here ready to receive some loving.

Cheers, Norm..
Waiex Tail kit built! Working on Corvair engine core.

Norm (structurespilot)
structurespilot

Postby Flymh47 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:59 am

A&P here, although my day job is maintaining H-47's for Uncle Sam, I hope to get to work on Sonex 1326 here in the future.
Sonerai IIL N36VJ
Flymh47

Re: Any Aircraft Maintenance people?

Postby Brad Strand » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:59 am

After I started building my Sonex (I was scratch building at the time) I began to desire to really understand more about what I was doing. Two other things coincided with my desire. First, I became unemployed, and second, I have the best wife in the world. So when I told her I wanted to take two years off of work and pursue my A&P she agreed. For the last 6 years I have been working on CRJ 200's and 900's. But my real passion is still for experimental aviation. Since I am now employed I have given up scratch building and bought the kit. But I still have enough rolls of aluminum sheet and bar stock to complete a scratch built, so maybe someday I will buy a second set of plans and build that one too. (We Sonex people are such dreamers!)
Brad Strand

Return to Off Topic