Photos - iphone vs a real computer

For non Aviation related discussions.

Photos - iphone vs a real computer

Postby Bryan Cotton » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:35 pm

99% of my time on sonexbuilders is on my iphone. I never have time to sit at the computer at home and surf. And, if I had the time, I should be building instead. This weekend we are having an "electronic campout" with my Scout troop. Generally we discourage any phones etc when we camp. But, once a year, we "camp" in a local building in town, there is WiFi, and everybody brings their gaming systems, computers, whatever. Get it out of their system for the rest of the year. This is our first time, as we joined almost a year ago. I am incredibly bored. On the bright side, I have looked back through a lot of your pictures on the big screen, and they look great. There is a price to pay for convenience!

I am not actually on a normal computer. I bought a Raspberry Pi little single board computer. They were created by the Raspberry Pi foundation as a means to get kids back into programming. It runs on a flavor of Debian Linux. We did a little bit of programming in Python this weekend. Matthew had plans for a skyscraper he wanted to build and needed to calculate the areas of the walls so he would know how much plywood to buy. It was several million square feet, but not as bad in square miles.

For anybody curious, here is a page that tells you about it. There is a short video which is hilarious, especially if you came to age in the 80's like I did.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/help/what-is-a-raspberry-pi/
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Return to Off Topic