Low-$30k J3300 Sonexes on Barnstormers

For non Aviation related discussions.

Re: Low-$30k J3300 Sonexes on Barnstormers

Postby fastj22 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:06 am

Just curious, but what would the penalties of being caught flying without a valid, current license be? Jail time? Fine? Double secret probation?

John Gillis
SEL Private, Comm Glider, Tow pilot (Pawnee Driver)
Waiex N116YX, Jabiru 3300, Tail dragger,
First flight, 3/16/2013. 403 hours and climbing.
Home: CO15. KOSH x 5
Flying a B-Model Conversion (Super Bee Baby!)
fastj22

Postby andrewp » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:41 am

Yes, administered by Dean Wormer.

I have said this before and I will say it again. They will have to claw my Sonex away using some sort of advanced surgery. I understand why people would sell them, but I never will. If I/it can't fly any more, it is coming home to live in the garden.
andrewp

Postby LarryEWaiex121 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:15 am

Don't know quite where the conversation went around the corner into anarchy but, I'm flying legally and suggest others do the same.
I was trying to impart a sense of we don't have to skip down the road hand in hand with every bureaucrat that wants to impose another worthless rule or "safety initiative" to make the numbers look good on paper.
For all the reasons I stated in my earlier post it is getting more difficult to both recruit and maintain general aviation pilots.
Personally, I don't believe this to be an accident. More of a structured reclaiming of the airspace by those who know better what its uses should be,(military, homeland security, commercial UAV, airline and corporate jet).
Pretty much the person of "average" means has no plate at the table and I find that disturbing. That said I fly on as I said before, till they shoot me down or I run out of money. Hopefully not a prediction!
Have a good day everyone.

Larry
LarryEWaiex121

Previous

Return to Off Topic