Drill Press

Questions, recommendations, and all things tool related

Re: Drill Press

Postby Dan » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:31 am

Mike I'm not sure about you but I haven't told my wife about the tail kit yet much less the cost for everything else. I've learned after 42 years of marriage that it is much easier to beg for forgiveness than to get permission. We have a big family get together coming this weekend and I will tell her then. She won't yell at me in front of the grandkids :D I would certainly like to take advantage of the $2000 discount but not so sure I want to pull the money out of savings in order to get it. If I finance the balance interest will eat up part of that discount. If I pay as I go and order one kit at a time then the plane should be paid for at completion. BUT I have to wonder how long that will take. Dang it, if only I had won the lottery I could a bought that Pilatus PC-12.

Andy I am with you on the flying versus building. While I am very much looking forward to the building project, I think the flying will be even more fun. One reason I decided on the Onex is that it appears to me it will be much easier and quicker to build than the RV-9A I had previously started.
Dan

Postby Andy Walker » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:01 pm

Dan wrote:Mike I'm not sure about you but I haven't told my wife about the tail kit yet much less the cost for everything else. I've learned after 42 years of marriage that it is much easier to beg for forgiveness than to get permission. We have a big family get together coming this weekend and I will tell her then. She won't yell at me in front of the grandkids :D I would certainly like to take advantage of the $2000 discount but not so sure I want to pull the money out of savings in order to get it. If I finance the balance interest will eat up part of that discount. If I pay as I go and order one kit at a time then the plane should be paid for at completion. BUT I have to wonder how long that will take. Dang it, if only I had won the lottery I could a bought that Pilatus PC-12.

Andy I am with you on the flying versus building. While I am very much looking forward to the building project, I think the flying will be even more fun. One reason I decided on the Onex is that it appears to me it will be much easier and quicker to build than the RV-9A I had previously started.

I hear you Dan, with the match drilled and pre-made channel parts, the Onex should be a very quick (600-800hrs?) build. I originally decided to build because it seemed the best way to get into an LSA (I'm a Sport Pilot) for a reasonable amount of money. Now that I'm into it I'm really enjoying building, and am even thinking ahead to what I might build next, but I'm trying not to lose sight of the fact that my ultimate goal is to FLY! 8-)
Andy Walker

Postby onex28 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:51 pm

[
It's all a trade off of time vs. money. I want to fly and not spend 10 years building, so my money goes for the things that will save me time.[/quote]

I agree, at 74 my remaining flying time will not be as long as most of you younger guys/gals. That's why I ordered all of the pre spar and angles. I spent 10 years on the first and 5 on the second plane and hope to get this one done within 2 ( the better half wants to spend winters in FL). The upside is I am still flying my T51.

David
onex28

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:25 am

David I can only hope I can do the things you are doing when I am your age. You are the man.
Dan

Previous

Return to Tools