Burp tubes

Re: Burp tubes

Postby gammaxy » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:49 pm

I installed a burp tube between the Aeroinjector and fuel vent near the tank and now have about 5 flight hours on it. I'm very happy with it.

I used to get a stumble if I advanced the throttle too fast for takeoff or after a low power descent, especially on hot days. I haven't had a stumble since. The only unplanned consequence so far is it takes a lot longer to shut down using the fuel valve while the fuel drains from the burp tube.

I held off on installing it because I didn't want to add unnecessary complexity. Part of my problem might be that my inline filter is on the engine side of the firewall (clamped to a the cross-member on the engine mount) with right angle adapters before and after it, but otherwise it's a pretty simple fuel system.

On an unrelated note... my happiness is tempered by having now replaced every ignition coil at least once. I've replaced both secondary coils twice and primary coils once.
Chris Madsen
Aerovee Sonex N256CM
Flying since September 2014
Build log: http://chrismadsen.org
gammaxy

Re: Burp tubes

Postby WaiexN143NM » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:55 am

Chris,
Do you have cooling blast tubes for your coils? We have a jab3300 , and at the back of the baffleing tunnels ran blast tubes to each coil and the voltage regulator. No trouble after 5 yrs.

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Previous

Return to Technical Write-Ups and FAQs