Jabiru 3300

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Sonex.

Jabiru 3300

Postby Mike661 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:21 pm

Just got my baffle kit and new spinner from factory. The quality of the parts are amazing! I also love the new light weight spinner. I can’t wait to get the baffles installed.
Mike
Mike661

Re: Jabiru 3300

Postby Flynic3 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:57 pm

Mike661

Are you using the fourth generation Jabiru engine? Not sure if it is even available yet however was curious. I believe they were designated as a 3310, so more than likely not. I was just curious...
I am glad you are liking your new Jabiru 3300 engine! I had a look at a 2200 the other day installed in a Murphy Maverick and was impressed with the engine as well. I am thinking about going with Jabiru power and am interested in your experience with them. I would love to hear more about your project and why you chose Jabiru power. My only concern is the crankshaft of the Jabiru motor... I have heard numerous accounts of the crankshaft breaking and hope they have resolved this issue. Thanks again in advance and I look forward to hearing more about your Jabiru 3300 powered Sonex.

Best Regards,

Nicholas Dawson
Flynic3

Return to Sonex