EIS4000

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Sonex.

EIS4000

Postby SonexEZ » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:24 pm

My aircraft that i didnt build has the EIS 4000 and it only had the two rear cylinders had CHT so i purchest the two for the front . This is where the problem starts the harness dosent have the wires for the front two cylinders after opening the plug dosent have the two matching pin holes to install the two i purchest . I think rather then try and trace all the wires that someone else hook up to the head unit. buy a new harness that now comes with all the leeds marked and installed it this way , Just wanted to see what everyone else thinks , i can match one more cylinder but i dont have then pin holes to do two ?????
SonexEZ

Re: EIS4000

Postby nwawingman » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:53 pm

I used a couple SP switches to flip from monitoring the front and back cylinders. My unit was a EIS2000 so I had to do it this way since the unit was only built to monitor two CHT probes.
Rick Wantz - Arkansas
Sonex 367 T/W AeroVee/Aeroinjector - Prince Elliptical Prop <361hrs
1st Flight 7/13 KOSHX3 Young EaglesX14
http://www.mykitlog.com/wingman
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2TNLK ... A63FvnPkNA
nwawingman

Postby SonexEZ » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:16 pm

yes i thought of doing that but i have put so much time into this aircraft i just wanted to have it all on one screen , I had to hone the cylinders and replace the rings so i should have them monday and then i can get that part done i also had to buy a new prop the prince died at 100 hrs ,
SonexEZ

Postby DCASonex » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:01 am

If you have an EIS 4000, it should have connections for all four cylinders, at worst should only need a new connector, and radio Shack used to carry them. If not, am sure you could get one from GRT even if not listed as a separately available part. Installing a new plug is not that difficult if you have small soldering iron and are careful. Might also be possible to add pins into your existing plug. Might want to get more of same wire as used for your first two thermocouples for second set from GRT as well.

David A. Sonex TD, CAMit 3300, GRT EIS and Sport SX
DCASonex

Postby SonexEZ » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:12 am

DCASonex wrote:If you have an EIS 4000, it should have connections for all four cylinders, at worst should only need a new connector, and radio Shack used to carry them. If not, am sure you could get one from GRT even if not listed as a separately available part. Installing a new plug is not that difficult if you have small soldering iron and are careful. Might also be possible to add pins into your existing plug. Might want to get more of same wire as used for your first two thermocouples for second set from GRT as well.

David A. Sonex TD, CAMit 3300, GRT EIS and Sport SX

it dosent have any more space to hook up anything , according to company that makes the EIS this unit has the wrong harness , ordered harness and this new one has the hook ups for everything , looks like someone was just trying to save money rather then do it correctly , looks like it will take some time to hook it all up .
SonexEZ

Return to Sonex