QuickBuilds

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Sonex.

QuickBuilds

Postby tomwasser » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:08 pm

I am working on my Sonex build starting Jan '14 with QB#2. So far have built Aerovee Engine, Tail, attached tail, built flaps and almost ailerons. Taking my time because many other hobbies and interests. I would be interested in chatting with another Sonex QuickBuild person about their progress and sequence of build. I will be at Oshkosh for 30th time.
Tom
tomwasser

Re: QuickBuilds

Postby Brett » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:08 pm

I've just about finished mine. Just need to make 1 more aileron and flap and rivet the floor on. Also need to paint the wings but that won't take long. Ran out of rivets and awaiting freight now.
Not sure how it happened but I never even came close to having enough. I have an extra 800 on the way.
I think I started building around August 2014.
-Brett
Sonex 1645
VH-VWS
Tailwheel
Former Aerovee Turbo
Rotax 912
Brett

Postby tomwasser » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:41 pm

Good to hear from someone who got their QB about the same time as mine. Sounds like you are a little further along. I estimate completion next summer. How is the engine going? Of course winter in Australia sounds good compared to upstate NY.
tomwasser

Postby Brett » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:26 am

engine is going good, although I have only ran it once so far :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Xr989aHTM

-Brett
Sonex 1645
VH-VWS
Tailwheel
Former Aerovee Turbo
Rotax 912
Brett

Postby SNX1508 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:03 am

tomwasser wrote:I am working on my Sonex build starting Jan '14 with QB#2. So far have built Aerovee Engine, Tail, attached tail, built flaps and almost ailerons. Taking my time because many other hobbies and interests. I would be interested in chatting with another Sonex QuickBuild person about their progress and sequence of build. I will be at Oshkosh for 30th time.
Tom

Tom,

For a very detailed, step by step (and probably very boring reading) build log, goto http://www.mykitlog.com/SNX1508

Started building May 2011, now at about the 1500 hour mark.

I have about a months worth of work to post on the kitlog, fiberglass engine cowl install is in progress.

Terry
Sonex #1508
AeroVee #0736
90% done 90% to go !
Terry
Sonex #1508
N296SX
AeroVee #0736
Tail Dragger
http://www.mykitlog.com/SNX1508
SNX1508

For Sale

Postby aferddaberts » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:11 am

FOR SALE

If you are thinking about building a Waiex, have I got the deal for you. I began building my Waiex in January 2015. As of today (July 15, 2015), the tail feathers, Rudderevators and Stabilators are completed. The Fuselage is completed from the Tail to the Firewall.
I do have an A & P Certificate and also, have saught advice from Sonex Tech Support as well as from other builders throughout my build. I thoroughly enjoy the building process, and will continue the build until sold.
The reason I have decided to abandon my build is that I have a disabled wife that I have been neglecting since beginning building, also as I turned 85 last June, I find it more and more difficult to get into tight places, like under the panel, and on the floor to work underneath , just can’t do it. I will sell for the amount I paid for the Tail Kit and Fuselage Kit and the Parts Package from Aircraft Spruce.
If interested, email me at robieal2011@att.net. I will send photos if requested.

AL Roberts
aferddaberts

Return to Sonex