canopy cover

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Sonex.

canopy cover

Postby Johns » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:36 pm

Hi everyone, looks like I will be joining the list of Sonex owners in April. So I am going to need a cover as it will be outside. Anyone use the cover from Sonex and are you happy with it.Seems to be the least expensive out there.

Thanks, John
Johns

Re: canopy cover

Postby mike.smith » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:54 pm

I have one from Bruce's Custom Covers that I like. I don't know anything about the Sonex cover. I have my plane tied down outside, so I got wing covers from Bruce's, also.
Mike Smith
Sonex N439M
Scratch built, AeroVee, Dual stick, Tail dragger
http://www.mykitlog.com/mikesmith
mike.smith

Postby kmacht » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:01 pm

I second the recommendation of getting a cover from Bruce's Customer Covers. The cover that Sonex sells is light weight and great for traveling with but isn't that great if you plan on being outside all year long. The ones from Bruce are alot heavier duty and provide alot more protection against wind, rain and snow. I bought one from another builder second hand and through all the snow and ice we have gotten this past winter in New England the cover from Bruce has kept my plane nice and dry. Next year I will also probably invest in a set of wing covers to keep the frost and ice off. There were many days I couldn't go flying this winter because the wings were covered in ice from melting snow.

Keith
kmacht

Postby Johns » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:13 pm

Thanks for the replies. Think I will check out Bruces' covers as I am in New England also.

John
Johns

Return to Sonex