looking for SERVICE manual for terra 760d

Discussion of Avionics and Flight Instruments. Such as: EFIS, EIS, GPS, COM, NAV, Antennas, Audio Panels, Steam Gauges

Postby n502pd » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:39 pm

Not sure if anyone here has a service manual for a terra 760d, but I need a schematic copy of the radio to run down why the display wont work. radio is in nice shape, and does appear to work, but there is no readout for the frequency. I can pay for copying and shipping if needed, please! thanks for any help!

PS: radio is intended to be desk top receiver only!
Joe Nelsen
scratch built :D
Sirpeedee, N502PD, s/n 1510, Aero Vee 2.1 s/n 0870,
ADS-B in (Stratux)/out(SkyBeacon)
Flying @78.2
KGYI/N. Tx Reg/Perrin Field
EAA Technical Counselor, Chapter 323, Sherman, TX
n502pd

Postby cliffrunkle » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:43 pm

Do you have the operator manual? To save energy in a sailplane I think you can shut off the display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cliffrunkle

Re: looking for SERVICE manual for terra 760d

Postby n502pd » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:11 pm

Thanks for the heads up, cliff, however, the manual also states that with the display turned off, the small 'R' will stay on to show the radio is up. I was disappointed that I do not see a thing on the display at all. I have checked several different areas on the display, and do see activity in the brightness level of the signal when I cover the sensor. I also have hi voltage fron the powersupply, and it is getting to the display pins, but I dont have info on how much shoud be present, or under what circumstances.

I have also found that this display is /was filled with KR-85 isotope gas, which has a half life of something around 10.7 years. My radio was dated around 1994, so the level of gas still inside the display(if any), would have depleted by several 10 year half lifes. Since the dispolay is' dead' as a dormat, I probably have another set of unusable circuit boards!!

Anyway, thanks much for the hint, as I hadnt realized that little gem!

Have a great holliday season!
Joe Nelsen
scratch built :D
Sirpeedee, N502PD, s/n 1510, Aero Vee 2.1 s/n 0870,
ADS-B in (Stratux)/out(SkyBeacon)
Flying @78.2
KGYI/N. Tx Reg/Perrin Field
EAA Technical Counselor, Chapter 323, Sherman, TX
n502pd

Return to Avionics and Instruments