CrewDog Stratux

Discussion of Avionics and Flight Instruments. Such as: EFIS, EIS, GPS, COM, NAV, Antennas, Audio Panels, Steam Gauges

CrewDog Stratux

Postby waltb » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:07 pm

Hello, I bought a Stratux at Oshkosh from the CrewDog booth. Finally hooked it up and it does not receive any FIS information. No messages at all are coming from the 978?? receiver. I have called, texted, emailed, and used the web form. No Joy. I am getting ghosted. Any one else having a similar experience?? - Walt
waltb

Re: CrewDog Stratux

Postby BRS » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:33 pm

Did you go to stratux.me and check out the community support pages?
Did you log into the built in web interface and check the settings?
What app are you using?
-Brock
Sonex-A (s/n 1013)
R2300, P-tip 54/50
Center Stick
V16, TT22
BRS

Postby waltb » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:36 pm

Brock, Yes, and Yes. I built one a few years back without AHRS or GPS. I have compared both devices out at DFW airport where my old one will pickup 4 towers but the new one I bought from Crewdog at Oshkosh is not reporting any packets from the UAT receiver. Appears to be an infant mortality issue. Either the Radio is bad or the short cable from the antenna to the SDR is bad. Ive heard nothing but good about CrewDog so I am dissapointed at the absolute 0 response. If they are swamped the OK, just a short note would be helpful to know if they still exist but are too busy to talk right now.... I can accept that, just not the full on ghost treatment. If anyone here is friends with CD, Apologies, but please let em know about this chatter. Cheers..

Walt
N72EL
waltb

Postby waltb » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:33 pm

Just got a text so all is good. I will pull this thread a few.
waltb

Return to Avionics and Instruments