How about that Dynon support!

Discussion of Avionics and Flight Instruments. Such as: EFIS, EIS, GPS, COM, NAV, Antennas, Audio Panels, Steam Gauges

How about that Dynon support!

Postby pappas » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:42 pm

I have really been pleased with all of the great support provided by Dynon since I started using their gear in 2006. 3 planes now. Not that there hasn't been a failure or two over the years but these guys are really stand up.

Most recently, I noticed that traffic arriving at or in the patterns of two local airports that I frequent could not hear my transmissions. I could hear everybody but no one could hear me at all except for a carrier signal. Those frequencies were 122.8 and 122.9 CTAF's.

I sent Dynon an email and followed that up with a call. Keep in mind that my radio is over 2 years since I purchased it and over a year since first flight. They told me that they are only selling the TSO'd radio now. They do not offer the experimental radio any longer. I asked what they wanted me to do. They told me that they will send me a new model TSO'd radio and when it arrives simply install it and send back my original.

It has already been shipped. How good are these guys??
Lou Pappas
Phoenix, AZ
RV-7A (Building)
Waiex B Turbo
RV-8
Waiex Legacy 3300
Hiperlight SNS-9
Falcon Ultralight[/b]
pappas

Re: How about that Dynon support!

Postby N111YX » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:51 am

I agree, Lou. I had to send my D-180 back after about six years of trouble-free use. The screen was developing some odd lines in the display.

For about $400, Dynon completely zero-timed all of the internal hardware and updated everything. I thought that was a pretty good price for a rebuild of a $3000.00 unit.
Kip

2010 Waiex 0082 (first flight May 2010)
Jabiru 3300 #1637 and #3035
Dynon D-180
Becker radios
Garmin GDL 82 ADS-B
1050 hours
48 states visited
Based near Atlanta

Also flying a...
2000 Kolb Firestar II, Rotax 503, 575 hours
N111YX