Navworx ADSB likely will never recover

Discussion of Avionics and Flight Instruments. Such as: EFIS, EIS, GPS, COM, NAV, Antennas, Audio Panels, Steam Gauges

Navworx ADSB likely will never recover

Postby mike.smith » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Dallas Avionics was handling all things NavWorx. Today I received this text message:

NavWorx products, repairs and upgrades received by Dallas Avionics, Inc. will be canceled effective immediately. Effective immediately, Dallas Avionics, Inc. has discontinued distribution and support of all NavWorx products.

Over the past year, Dallas Avionics, Inc. has made every attempt to facilitate the success of NavWorx and support of their customers. Unfortunately under the current conditions and outlook we can no longer continue to provide this service.

While we are compassionate to the situation, please direct all further correspondence direct to Navworx at:

NavWorx, Inc.
3706 Big A Road
Rowlett, TX 75089
1-888-NAVWORX (628-9679)

None of their email addresses work. If anyone was counting on a viable NavWorx company, I think it's safe to say they will soon be officially out of business, if they are not already.
Last edited by mike.smith on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Smith
Sonex N439M
Scratch built, AeroVee, Dual stick, Tail dragger
http://www.mykitlog.com/mikesmith
mike.smith

Re: Navworx ADSB likely will never recover

Postby mike.smith » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Follow up: As of today their web site notes that the ARE out of business!

http://www.navworx.com/
Mike Smith
Sonex N439M
mike.smith

Postby WaiexN143NM » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:48 am

Hi all,
Yep i predicted and warned about this last jan. that they would come out and sell another lemon to people that wouldnt pass faa muster. I wonder home many bought the new2.0 versions. I called dallas avionics but held off on buying the cigerette pack sized additional box ($400?) to fix our adsb 600-exp. unit. I wanted to wait and make sure this was the real deal. Goes back to what mark baker, pres. AOPA told me last jan. that navworx is done, but someone 'will pick up the pieces' . So now waiting for another company to properly fix these units . Look for 3.0

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby WaiexN143NM » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:47 pm

Hi all,
Did anyone buy any of the new 2.0 navworx boxes? Mike smith did they ever send you your back ordered unit?
Its incredible that this has gone on and on. You would think they(navworx) would have used a chip,that other companies selling adsb units are using, and approved by the faa.
Its like they did it on the cheap again, using a 3rd party vendor , for the gps chip, and not getting the chip first approved by the faa, then blaming it all on the vendor.

Lets see if some company wants to come up with a fix. Theres money to be made. About 800 + boxes out there.
Also it seems like dallas avionics has washed their hands of this. They went into this with good faith, trying to help the customers. They were duped too. Very sad.

Ive said it before : no sympthy here. It continues to reek of stupidity.
Gonna head over to the vans site. See what the folks there have to say.

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby mike.smith » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:41 pm

WaiexN143NM wrote:Hi all,
Did anyone buy any of the new 2.0 navworx boxes? Mike smith did they ever send you your back ordered unit?

Nope. Waited a year and never got anything. Working with the credit card company to see if I have any recourse. Looking at uAvionix, now.
Mike Smith
Sonex N439M
mike.smith

Return to Avionics and Instruments