MGL oil pressure warning

Discussion of Avionics and Flight Instruments. Such as: EFIS, EIS, GPS, COM, NAV, Antennas, Audio Panels, Steam Gauges

MGL oil pressure warning

Postby lutorm » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:39 am

I'm trying to program the alarms on our MGL Enigma, and when you enable the low oil pressure alarm it keeps going off constantly when the engine is off. I can't figure out if it's possible to only enable engine alarms when the engine is running, but it seems like a no-brainer. Anyone know if this can be done?
lutorm

Re: MGL oil pressure warning

Postby jond » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:46 am

I have an enigma and usually have it turned off prior to starting the engine. So I don't know if there is a way to disarm the alarm other than "acking" it. Have you pressed the ack button to acknowledge the alarm? Other than that, I find MGL support to be excellent.
jond

Postby lutorm » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:30 pm

Yes, acking the alarm works, but habituating yourself to acknowledging nuisance alarms is not a good practice.
lutorm

Postby vwglenn » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:10 pm

Never bothered me. I always just looked at it as if the alarm is working as it should.
Glenn
Sonex #600
N889AP
vwglenn

Postby kmwoody » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:06 am

I do as jond does, push the ack button. I leave my Enigma off until engine start also, I have a backup analog oil pressure gauge. I push the ack after shutdown while retrieving flight information. I'm not worried about habitually acknowledging an alarm because when an alarm flashes at you in flight you definitely take note.

Ken W
kmwoody

Postby dtibbo » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:33 am

Old thread, but low voltage/temp/pressure alarms are typical in my military aircraft, and I believe in all commercial jet aircraft too.

When we power up, one of the first things to do is extinguish the "Master Caution" light and look at the warning lights panel to verify the correct warning lights are annunciated. Things like low oil pressure, Generator Failure, etc are lit up. It verifies that the alarms work correctly. During the start, the lights extinguish in a predictable order.
David Tibbo
Former Marine EA-6B Navigator, Civilian Instrument pilot
Waiex-B delivered 14 Nov 2018
Airworthiness certificate 11 June 2020
dtibbo

Postby Spinnetti » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:36 am

dtibbo wrote:Old thread, but low voltage/temp/pressure alarms are typical in my military aircraft, and I believe in all commercial jet aircraft too.

When we power up, one of the first things to do is extinguish the "Master Caution" light and look at the warning lights panel to verify the correct warning lights are annunciated. Things like low oil pressure, Generator Failure, etc are lit up. It verifies that the alarms work correctly. During the start, the lights extinguish in a predictable order.

Wouldn't have thought of that... good intel, thanks.
Spinnetti

Return to Avionics and Instruments