Love my Quiet Technologies "Halo" Headsets!

Discussion of Avionics and Flight Instruments. Such as: EFIS, EIS, GPS, COM, NAV, Antennas, Audio Panels, Steam Gauges

Re: Love my Quiet Technologies "Halo" Headsets!

Postby sonex892. » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:08 pm

If you have a hearing impairment the in ear headsets are the best solution. Especially in a cockpit as noisy as the Sonex. I was using a set of David Clarks with the headsets inc ANR conversion. Transmissions were becoming almost unreadable, volume was always on max. I was considering quitting flying.

At Oshkosh in 2014 I tried the Halo's at the booth. I was ready to buy a set on the spot, but he was sold out. I came home and google reviewed earbuds for high noise environments. Chose what brand of earbud to buy, also bought comply foam tips as used in the Clarity aloft and made my own headset. It was like getting my hearing back. They block out so much noise I can now turn the volume right down. And most importantly hear all but the crappiest radio transmissions again.

They are also much cooler to wear than earmuffs in hot weather and being able to wear a brimmed hat is a bonus
Steve
Sonex 892
Steve
Lazair kit 1981 sold
Sonerai 2LS plansbuilt 2003 sold
Sonex kit 2010
Sonerai 2LS project rotax 912
sonex892.

Previous

Return to Avionics and Instruments