ADS-B Weather and Traffic for less than $120

Discussion of Avionics and Flight Instruments. Such as: EFIS, EIS, GPS, COM, NAV, Antennas, Audio Panels, Steam Gauges

Re: ADS-B Weather and Traffic for less than $120

Postby fastj22 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:35 am

PIREP.
Lately my Stratux keeps losing ADS-B in then shortly thereafter loses GPS. I have to reboot the thing then everything comes back for awhile. I've had to reboot it several times on a single flight. This started a couple of weeks ago. Any ideas on what's going on? Anyone else having this?

John Gillis
SEL Private, Comm Glider, Tow pilot (Pawnee Driver)
Waiex N116YX, Jabiru 3300, Tail dragger,
First flight, 3/16/2013. 403 hours and climbing.
Home: CO15. KOSH x 5
Flying a B-Model Conversion (Super Bee Baby!)
fastj22

Postby mfazio » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:57 pm

Hmmm, funny you should mention that. My stratus has been acting up as well. My gps failed but I believe my remote gps antenna failed. Yesterday while flying I noticed that I was not picking up any towers? Odd. Haven't had a chance to troubleshoot yet.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mfazio

Postby fastj22 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:47 pm

mfazio wrote:Hmmm, funny you should mention that. My stratus has been acting up as well. My gps failed but I believe my remote gps antenna failed. Yesterday while flying I noticed that I was not picking up any towers? Odd. Haven't had a chance to troubleshoot yet.

Mike

Stratus or stratux?

John Gillis
SEL Private, Comm Glider, Tow pilot (Pawnee Driver)
Waiex N116YX, Jabiru 3300, Tail dragger,
First flight, 3/16/2013. 403 hours and climbing.
Home: CO15. KOSH x 5
Flying a B-Model Conversion (Super Bee Baby!)
fastj22

Postby mfazio » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:09 pm

My apologies, it is the Stratux.

Mike

mfazio

Postby kmwoody » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:43 am

I have been having trouble picking anything up on my stratux also. Last night I finally got online to check troubleshooting and came up with my port changed. I was using 43211. I changed to 4000 and I started picking up traffic immediately.

Ken W
Sonex 959
kmwoody

Postby Jonathan McGee » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:17 pm

fastj22 wrote:PIREP.
Lately my Stratux keeps losing ADS-B in then shortly thereafter loses GPS. I have to reboot the thing then everything comes back for awhile. I've had to reboot it several times on a single flight. This started a couple of weeks ago. Any ideas on what's going on? Anyone else having this?

I don't use one myself, but I heard there's a problem that sometimes logging is left enabled on the device. Eventually, the log files will fill the onboard memory and the thing crashes. Once you reboot the device, everything's blanked and the process repeats itself.

I can't directly point you to a resource on how to resolve it (as I don't use one myself), but you can either reimage it from a newer/older version or try to log into it (it's running Linux after all) and disable the logging daemon.
Attempt #2 at this whole Sonex Business.
Waiex-B WXB0019 [Progress reported upon completion]
Jonathan McGee

Previous

Return to Avionics and Instruments