Fuses on Panel?

Panel designs, construction methods, and pictures

Re: Fuses on Panel?

Postby Rick524 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:20 am

I have an Enigma that has a backup battery, with a max current draw of 1/2 amp. I went with fuses for the secured supply because they provIde better protection than breakers. I was going to use the plastic ATO fuses, but couldnt find any rated less than 1 amp, so I went with 2ag type, 5X15mm glass.

Rodger, I really like your labels, How did you do them?

Rick
Sonex 524
Rick524

Postby RodgerC » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:02 am

I drew the panel and labels up in AutoCad and send the file to a local label printer...It was quite costly, but then you don't build an airplane in Australia to save money
RodgerC

Postby GOIX » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:48 am

Hey Neil ,

Nice looking 1x panel . I have the Xtreme and the Aera 510 in my RV-4 . They both work well .
I was considering the same fuse set up as you . Can you fill us in on how you did it . Part #'s etc ?

Marc
Marc
Onex 0024
C-GOIX reserved
GOIX

Postby TogaDriver » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:00 pm

Our logic was to use the light-up ATC fuses so you would know which circuit blew. I agree that they are fine in most any location if they are fuses. We got the panel back from CNC cutting and it looks great! I'll post a picture when we have it painted.

RodgerC - where did you get your switch bezels made? I've been looking for a good source!

Neil
Helping with Onex panel at KDVO
TogaDriver

Postby TogaDriver » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:03 pm

RoderC - never mind. I see you are in Australia. Guess that's a bit too far to go for bezel labels. I'll check out the CAD angle here in California.
TogaDriver

Previous

Return to Panel