Panel color coat and labels

Panel designs, construction methods, and pictures

Re: Panel color coat and labels

Postby daleandee » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:13 pm

Gripdana wrote:I was very easy. I composed the labels in MS Word. Then sent the file to the company I used. They imported the information into illustrator and sent me a PDF proof. There was enough room to have two of everything. The minimum is an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet. I cut out the label lined it up and used my hotel room key card to rub it onto the panel. It is that easy.

Your panel looks excellent and I appreciate you passing along the information for the dry transfer labels. My panel looks very similar in appearance to yours but mine was powder coated with a light grey and I used a Brother label maker with black on clear labels. Came out pretty nice. Perhaps I should have clear coated it when done. But I really had no idea what clear coating might do to the power coated finish or the labels I used so wisdom said to leave well enough alone.

Dale
N319WF
daleandee

Postby fastj22 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:26 pm

Can you share the contact info for the company you used? I like the results.

John Gillis
SEL Private, Comm Glider, Tow pilot (Pawnee Driver)
Waiex N116YX, Jabiru 3300, Tail dragger,
First flight, 3/16/2013. 403 hours and climbing.
Home: CO15. KOSH x 5
Flying a B-Model Conversion (Super Bee Baby!)
fastj22

Postby Gripdana » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:05 am

Here is the company I used for the dry transfers. Service is great fast turnaround, easy to apply. Should to be clear coated to protect. I found them on the vans web site.

The company I used is

Image Transfers
Luann LaRussa
P.O. Box 573
Mt Bethel,PA 18343
610-588-8797
https://imagetransfers.net/index.php
Dana Baker
Scratch Built
First Flight March 8, 2015
Sonex #1534 - N1534S "Aluminum Foil"
Aerovee-Dual Controls-Tail Dragger
Gripdana

Postby Luann » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:28 pm

Thank you Dana. I remember working with you. We would welcome the opportunity to provide custom dry transfers to other users. Ordering is easy. At our website, image transfers.net, you can drag and drop art, pay on-line and we ship via FedEx. Or feel free to contact us directly from info on the Contact page. Thank you again, hope to work with you on a future project.
Luann

Previous

Return to Panel