Understanding Transition Training and a LODA

Discussion topics to include safety related issues and flight training.

Re: Understanding Transition Training and a LODA

Postby builderflyer » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:01 pm

Hi Colette, I know an older, very experienced, CFI who lives in the Walla Walla area. He has owned and flown a taildragger Sonex for quite a few hours, although I believe it has been sold not too long ago. He always seems to be looking for a new adventure and if you had a flying Sonex, I'll bet the two of you could work something out in that regard.

Let me know if you get to the point of needing a CFI and I'll put you in contact with him if you're interested.

Art,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sonex taildragger #95,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jabiru 3300 #261
builderflyer

Postby Sx1552 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:06 pm

Thank you. I will do that.
Sx1552

Postby Sx1552 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:11 pm

NWade wrote:Hey just a quick note: If you’re in the Seattle area, or anywhere north of Seattle along the I-5 corridor feel free to shoot me a PM! My Sonex is finally about ready to fly, and I’m happy to introduce you to a couple of other Sonex builders & owners in the area.

Take care,

—Noel
Sonex #1339 (painting her now, first flight soon)
Redmond, WA

I would love to meet other Sonex builders. My airplane still needs some fabric work after respacing formers, but I am willing to drive over to meet builders and see their projects. I am retired and basically free to come over there any time. Please let me know when it would be convenient to meet them and their projects.
Sx1552

Postby Sx1552 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:16 pm

builderflyer wrote:Hi Colette, I know an older, very experienced, CFI who lives in the Walla Walla area. He has owned and flown a taildragger Sonex for quite a few hours, although I believe it has been sold not too long ago. He always seems to be looking for a new adventure and if you had a flying Sonex, I'll bet the two of you could work something out in that regard.

Let me know if you get to the point of needing a CFI and I'll put you in contact with him if you're interested.

Art,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sonex taildragger #95,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jabiru 3300 #261

I am presently shopping for a Sonex to replace the Citabria, so I hope to need the training soon. Thanks, Colette Miller
Sx1552

Postby Sx1552 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:43 pm

NWade wrote:Hey just a quick note: If you’re in the Seattle area, or anywhere north of Seattle along the I-5 corridor feel free to shoot me a PM! My Sonex is finally about ready to fly, and I’m happy to introduce you to a couple of other Sonex builders & owners in the area.

Take care,

—Noel
Redmond, WA

I would love to meet other builders around here. My Citabria is down right now, but I don't mind driving over there from Diamond Point. mipmiller@gmail.com. or seven one four 714 three five six 5669. What airport?
Sx1552

Postby Sx1552 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:45 pm

Take care,

—Noel
Redmond, WA

phone is 714,356,5669 mipmiller@gmail.com I would be very interested in meeting other Sonex builders. I live at Diamond Point, so anywhere across the sound would be close. Since I am retired, I am free any time and would love to see a first flight in a sonex. Thanks
Sx1552

Postby NWade » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:37 pm

Hi, sorry I didn’t see your replies earlier in the week! I’ve texted you and will use texts/emails to introduce you around to some Sonex folks in Western WA. I look forward to meeting and/or sharing the skies with you in the future!

—Noel
Sonex #1339
NWade

Postby richkid0808 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:22 pm

Hi everyone!

I will be purchasing a Sonex in July and was looking for any suggestions for transition/tail wheel training in the Salt Lake City area.

Thanks!
-Landon Richins
richkid0808

Previous

Return to Safety and Training