Picnic during Oshkosh

Announce and discuss upcoming fly-ins

Re: Picnic during Oshkosh

Postby Bryan Cotton » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:10 am

I have a rusty silver Dodge pickup with a blue topper. Picture in case you are flagging me down.
rusty Dodge.jpg

The three pickup points I'd recommend would be the airport, ultralight gate, or the south Scholler entrance on Ripple. That keeps us out of the main traffic flow.
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Postby Oshpilot » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:41 am

ATTN: Sonex friends planning to attend tonight’s cookout/night airshow.

With tonight’s expected SEVERE WEATHER the airshow and cookout is being postponed until tomorrow, Thursday night same time and place. I’ve been told that should it be necessary (very likely) to cancel tonight’s show that it would be pushed till tomorrow.

This is a very difficult decision for me that I’ve been laboring over the past couple hours and I’ve been in touch with the weather folks that believe we are in a high threat area. I think this is the only correct decision I can make in consideration of everyone’s safety.

STAY SAFE EVERYONE!
Wayne
Wayne, Oshkosh, Sonex N444SX, Conventional gear, Jab 3300, Enigma
Oshpilot

Postby Bryan Cotton » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:48 pm

We had planned to leave after the airshow Thursday but will depart after the fireworks instead. We will still be able to give rides.
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Bryan Cotton

Postby WaiexN143NM » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:52 pm

Hi all, Wayne,
Thanks for taking the lead on this Wayne, good decision to move the sbpf bbq to thur nite.
i hope most members are reading this site during the day and they got the change.
big storm coming i hope no damage. its dark to the nw now 5:45 pm im up in appleton.

SBPF 2021 bbq at Waynes 7th HEAVEN now thur jul 29th 6pm!
Come join the fun
pls sign up rsvp via the sign up genis link
the sonex llc crew will hang out with us!
Welcome!

WaiexN143NM
Michael
SBPF board member
WaiexN143NM

Postby WaiexN143NM » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:48 am

Hi all,
The sbpf bbq at waynes 7th heaven was a great success, about 80 was the final tally for attendance.
I want to thank wayne and kathy daniels again. They make this happen every year with a few of us volunteering.
Also for wayne taking the initiative to check weather, dick k. from eaa, and to reschedule the event for thur.
wayne also sent people a message thru the sign up genius about the reschedule. i think most got the word,
as only two showed up on wed nite.
i also want to thank the sonex crew llc folks and their guests for attending this year. also for the donation to help
pay for the bbq. We would love for you to come every year!

We understand some didnt make it as they left town early due to the wed storm.

see you all next year!

WaiexN143NM
Michael.
WaiexN143NM

Postby Bryan Cotton » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:10 pm

Let me second that thanks - Wayne and Kathy you are awesome for hosting us! And I love your place, what a great way to watch the night airshow and fireworks.

It was really good to meet some of the forum members. Next year we should stand in a circle and say who we are both our names and Sonexbuilder user IDs, like a meeting.
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Bryan Cotton

Postby WaiexN143NM » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:15 am

Hi all , Bryan,
Good idea, i always bring the name tags, and intro ourselves, building, flying, or just interested.
At the flightline mtg i asked everyone to write thier name and their website handle below.
Next year bryan, please take charge round everyone one up in circle and have a meet and greet.
Good idea! it will become a tradition.

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

2022 Picnic during Oshkosh

Postby Sonex1517 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:26 pm

Sign up for this year is at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090C4C ... 58-oshkosh

Hi everyone,

As we have done in years past, there will be a picnic at Wayne Daniel’s home on Wednesday evening, July 27th at 6 pm. This is up to us to make it succeed. It is a collective effort. (This is pronounced “Robbie is not in charge”)

We need drivers, cooks, someone to collect the money, and people to help clean up. All funds still go to the Sonex Builders and Pilots Foundation in the hopes we can save our type club. (No one profits from this event or from the foundation)

We are lucky to have Wayne Daniels as a host for this event, and are planning this as a member-driven BBQ. There is no transportation provided so members need to self organize their way to and from Wayne's.

Wayne's address is:
3778 Red Oak Ct
Oshkosh WI 54902

The party will be an informal BYOB (Bring your own beverage - if you drive please DO NOT plan on drinking alcohol!) burgers and brats affair at Wayne's 7th Heaven over on the east side of Wittman Field.

The night airshow is a highlight of the week, and we can enjoy it from the perspective of Wayne's backyard. Our plan is to keep costs to a minimum, hopefully around $10 a head.

In order to plan for this event you MUST sign up!
Robbie Culver
Sonex 1517
Aero Estates (T25)
First flight 10/10/2015
325+ hours
Jabiru 3300 Gen 4
Prince P Tip
Taildragger
N1517S
Sonex1517

Postby Sonex1517 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:33 pm

Just a reminder for those headed to hallowed ground (AKA Oshkosh)

We are again having a BBQ at Wayne Daniels’ home (THANK YOU WAYNE AND KATHY!) so if you want to meet friends old and new go sign up!

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090c4c ... 58-oshkosh

Blue skies
Robbie Culver
Sonex 1517
Aero Estates (T25)
First flight 10/10/2015
325+ hours
Jabiru 3300 Gen 4
Prince P Tip
Taildragger
N1517S
Sonex1517