Sonex Foundation Cookout & Evening Air Show at 7th Heaven

Announce and discuss upcoming fly-ins

Sonex Foundation Cookout & Evening Air Show at 7th Heaven

Postby Oshpilot » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:29 pm

Just wanted to remind everyone that three weeks from today (July 26) in addition to the Sonex Foundation meeting in the morning, we also have the Evening Sonex Foundation Cook-out and Night Airshow. I am happy to host this event at my hangar "7th Heaven" on the SE corner of Wittman Field where we can have a good old fashioned Hamburger/Brat cook-out, socialize with like minded aviators in a relaxed venue and then view the Night Air Show from my "totally unbiased" opinion is the best spot on the airport!!

To make sure that no one goes away hungry, I want to ensure that I've obtained sufficient quantities of food/beverage. To do that I need to know how many folks are planning to attend. You can help in that effort by going to the link below in the Sonex Foundations posting of June 4 and sign up, which will give me somewhat accurate numbers. Walk-ins will be welcome to the party, but please don't expect to consume the goodies if you haven't signed up to give us a good estimation of food required! I am putting Monday July 24 as the signup deadline, so that I have enough to time to go shopping!!

Thanks to all that come out and enjoy this with us...
Wayne & Kathy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SBPF member picnic at AirVenture 2017
Unread postby Sonex Foundation » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:15 am

Hey all you Sonex builders, pilots, and enthusiasts

We are planning another member BBQ at Oshkosh, but it must have member support in order to succeed.

We are lucky to have Wayne Daniels as a host for this event, and are planning this as a member-driven BBQ. There is no transportation provided so members need to self organize their way to and from Wayne's. This is a change from the past two years.

The party will be an informal BYOB (Bring your own beverage - if you drive please DO NOT plan on drinking alcohol!) burgers and brats affair at Wayne's 7th Heaven over on the east side of Wittman Field. The date is set as Wednesday July 26th, 2017 and the time is 6 pm local.

The night airshow is a highlight of the week, and we can enjoy it from the perspective of Wayne's backyard. Our plan is to keep costs to a minimum, hopefully around $5 a head.

We have created a signup sheet online - in order to plan for this event you MUST sign up!

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/508094DABAF2BA3FC1-2017
Wayne, Oshkosh, Sonex N444SX, Conventional gear, Jab 3300, Enigma
Oshpilot

Return to Fly-Ins