NC Sonex Fly-In, Saturday June 17, 2017, Siler City NC

Announce and discuss upcoming fly-ins

NC Sonex Fly-In, Saturday June 17, 2017, Siler City NC

Postby Dennis W. » Sat May 20, 2017 2:48 am

Let’s try it again and pray that the wind don’t blow! On Saturday June 17, 2017 we are returning to Siler city – KSCR for the 2017 NC Sonex fly-in. The severe winds on May 6 kept most of the eastern US Sonex flyers grounded for the NC Sonex Spring Fling event so we are going to give it another shot and hope that the weather is more favorable in June. We are calling this re-scheduled event the NC Sonex TarHeel State Fly-In.

We would like to extend an invitation to you all to come and join us. Drive in’s are encouraged and we hope that all of the Sonex, Waiex, Onex and Xenos flyers in the Carolina’s and surrounding states will make the trip to Siler City and support this rescheduled event. If you don’t have a Sonex type aircraft, fly-in anyway….all planes are welcome. Camping is allowed at the airport so if you want to overnight you can do that too. Please mark your calendars and register so that we can get an indication for food, drinks and parking. Let's put the word out and make this a super event.

Register Here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1

Download Event Flyer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3d_f6 ... 5pZk0/view

Airport Information: https://skyvector.com/airport/SCR/Siler ... al-Airport

Regards,
Dennis
Rick
Peter
Dennis W.

Re: NC Sonex Fly-In, Saturday June 17, 2017, Siler City NC

Postby Dennis W. » Sun May 21, 2017 10:16 am

Since we put out the fly-in communication 2 days ago, we have 7 aircraft signed up with 6 of them Sonex, Waiex and Onex types. For those of you that have signed up, thanks for planning to fly in for the June 17 NC event. Come on all of you Sonex type flyers in the area, please mark your calendars, register and join us. For all of you that are interested in Sonex type airplanes or just love airplanes like the rest of us, please sign-up and come join us. Drive-in's are encouraged. If you are thinking about building a Sonex, Waiex or Onex, there will be a wealth of knowledge at the event. The builder network is much larger now than when we built our planes so the support out there is better than ever. We can help you avoid the mistakes that most of us builders made when we were just starting out. We don' have a lot of time between now and June 17 and need to hear from you so that we work out all of the logistics. Lets get the word out and make this a super event. Remember that camping is allowed on the airport so you can overnight if you are based a long way from Siler City......consider it a shake down trip to get read for Oshkosh. Fly on in and join us.

Regards,
Dennis, Rick & Peter
Dennis W.

Postby vwglenn » Fri May 26, 2017 1:08 am

If the weather holds out and I'm back in town in time, #600 should be there. Don't want to commit until it gets closer. Thanks for the reset. I'll do my best to be there.
Glenn
Sonex #600
N889AP
vwglenn

Postby andrewp » Fri May 26, 2017 3:46 pm

We'll certainly give it a shot, hardware and family permitting!

AP
andrewp

Postby lstinthot » Wed May 31, 2017 11:32 pm

I am planning on driving in with a camper. Right now 3 of 5 beds are called for. If anyone else wants to come out and camp at the airport Friday night, let me know.

What kind of facilities are available at the airport?
Do I need to bring a generator or is there somewhere to run an extension cord?

Mike
Scratch building #1604
Tail dragger
Thinking Turbo Aerovee
lstinthot

Postby vwglenn » Wed May 31, 2017 11:37 pm

lstinthot wrote:I am planning on driving in with a camper. Right now 3 of 5 beds are called for. If anyone else wants to come out and camp at the airport Friday night, let me know.

What kind of facilities are available at the airport?
Do I need to bring a generator or is there somewhere to run an extension cord?

Mike

Super tempting but I wouldn't want to keep anyone awake with my snoring.
Glenn
Sonex #600
N889AP
vwglenn

Postby epvans » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:36 am

Camping is dry but the FBO will have their shower and bathroom open to us.
I have attached a file of the area where campers should go.
If you need additional info, email me at shaypete@gmail.com

Peter
Attachments
SilerCamping.jpg
Map of where to camp at Siler city
epvans

Postby Dennis W. » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:54 am

I checked with the airport manager at Siler City and OK to run a generator. There are a few outdoor outlets available for 110V but will require a long (very long) extension chord run depending on where you locate the camper.
Dennis W.

Postby Dennis W. » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:15 pm

The NC Sonex Fly-in is shaping up to be a great event. We have 41 attendees registered and 16 aircraft flying in with 11 of them Sonex, Waiex and Onex types. Thanks to those of you that have registered and we look forward to seeing you at Siler City on Saturday June 17. We have had several vendors donate door prizes and we are working on some great food options if we can get enough attendees. All of the Sonex, Waiex and Onex flyers out there, we need your help to make this rescheduled event a success. Come on and sign up and join us in Siler City.

Regards
Dennis, Rick and Peter

Register Here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1

Download Event Flyer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3d_f6 ... 5pZk0/view

Airport Information: https://skyvector.com/airport/SCR/Siler ... al-Airport
Dennis W.

Postby Concorde » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:09 pm

The weather doesn't look very promising for this Saturday, is it possible to push the event to the following Saturday ?
Ben
Sonex # 1684
Tri-Gear, Dual Control
Rotax 912uls
N379BS reserved.
Concorde

Next

Return to Fly-Ins