Rio linda fly in 2016

Announce and discuss upcoming fly-ins

Rio linda fly in 2016

Postby WaiexN143NM » Fri May 06, 2016 11:08 pm

Hi all,
I see that the rio linda ca. Fly in set for may14 2016. Lunch avbl. L36 is the airport id. Historically has been a sonex fly in. Any aircraft welcome to attend. , more info on www.sonexaircraft.com Under builders events.

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Re: Rio linda fly in 2016

Postby Waiex 49 » Sun May 08, 2016 12:19 am

I had hoped to have my Viking Waiex finished and through phase 1 testing in time for Rio Linda 2016. I am very close, but will not be ready in time.

If anyone attending Rio Linda would like to stop by for a hangar visit, I am located at Lincoln Airport (LHM), about 10 miles north of Rio Linda. I am in hangar R10 at the north end of the field. I'll have beverages and snacks available for those who want to stop by. I'll be there from around 9:00am to 4:00pm if anyone wants to see the Viking installation up close.

Don Bowen
Viking Waiex N49YX
www.mykitlog.com/donbowen
Waiex 49

Postby WaiexN143NM » Sun May 08, 2016 12:48 am

Hi all,
Sounds good don, i'll stop by after rio linda. Weather extended forcast looks good. Was at the cloverdale zenith flyin today. Low cielings and drizzle. Was fun to visit tho. Inside the zenith big hangar was a few projects, underconstruction, and a W.Wynne corvair college in progress. Was a good excuse to stop at harbor freight tools in santa rosa on the way home.
WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby Gripdana » Fri May 13, 2016 9:13 am

I was going to go to Rio Linda and OSH this year. However I am working out of town and my schedule will not work out. Bummed but glad to be working to pay for the fun.
Dana Baker
Scratch Built
First Flight March 8, 2015
Sonex #1534 - N1534S "Aluminum Foil"
Aerovee-Dual Controls-Tail Dragger
Gripdana

Postby LarryEWaiex121 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:13 pm

Second year in a row I'm going to miss Rio Linda. Darn! Last year was back surgery which ruined 3 months of everything. Well that's not completely true because without the surgery I'd have been paralyzed from the waist down. I digress.
Engine (Camit) is in and ready to run but I simply ran into too many life projects that through me behind schedule. That and the fact I had been planning on end or May for Rio Linda. Bad all the way around for me.
Hope everyone has fun? I really enjoyed the flights both ways, both times I flew down from Coeur d Alene, Idaho.
Maybe see some of the Rio Linda gang at Arlington, Wa. Fly-In in July?
Last time I went in 2014 I was bummed with how its fallen down over the last 10 yrs or so, but in fairness, what flying event hasn't lost some of its luster with the exception of Oshkosh? Personally, I wish EAA put a tiny bit of effort into the outlying areas, since not everyone can get away at that time of year. Some for job reasons like me and others competing with vacations for other family members for whom, airplanes, are not their number one preference. Seems unbelievable I know but there are those unfortunate few that are not smitten with the flying bug. LOL
LarryEWaiex121

Postby Waiex 49 » Fri May 13, 2016 10:24 pm

Sorry to say, I will not be able to show my Viking Waiex at KLHM tomorrow.
A family member was injured and is in the hospital.
I hope everyone has a great time at Rio Linda!

Don Bowen
Viking Waiex
N49YX
Waiex 49

Return to Fly-Ins