KMHV Mojave annual fly in

Announce and discuss upcoming fly-ins

KMHV Mojave annual fly in

Postby WaiexN143NM » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:06 am

Hi all,
This sat April 16 is the annual Mojave experimental fly in. Starts 10 AM. Anyone else going? Anyone else going? Dana? Nick? Jim? U can google it to get the details. See u there!

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Re: KMHV Mojave annual fly in

Postby Gripdana » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:26 am

I wish I could go. I am in Atlanta.
Dana Baker
Scratch Built
First Flight March 8, 2015
Sonex #1534 - N1534S "Aluminum Foil"
Aerovee-Dual Controls-Tail Dragger
Gripdana

Postby mike20sm » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:55 pm

Anyone hear any details on the Waiex that shutdown runway 8 shortly after takeoff cause of a blown tire? I was watching the takeoff and listening to the tower at the time, and luckily it appears to have had no consequences and was relatively a non event even though I'm imagining it might have been scary had I been in it at the time. I guess if you're going to have a tire go out on you it's better to happen on Takeoff than landing.
Standard Sonex kit #1692
preparing workshop for arrival
http://websites.expercraft.com/mike20sm
mike20sm

Postby WaiexN143NM » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:20 pm

Hi all,
I arrived on the ramp at MHV at approx 1130am, and the incident happened right then. Not sure exactly what happened, rumors on ramp were a blown tire or locked up brake? Very gentle ground loop off runway. Airport ARFF and airport ops came to the rescue to help waiex get back to ramp after about 45 min. Not sure who it was, hopefully no damage. Wind was out of the northeast , tower used midfield intersection for departures in the interim. Was a fun fly in. I'd go again. Was from 10am-2pm. Waiex staged on west ramp after getting off runway. Couldn't get down that way to offer any assistance, due to fly in was middle of the big ramp, and u needed a MHV ramp pass to go any further west.
I did meet and see nick s. With the bright green waiex. Had a nice chat, good to see him flying. He had no luck with the aero carb, the rotec carb, so flying with the Bing. Some people have good luck with the aerocarb, or the rotec, or the Bing. We like and currently using the rotec mark 1.
When is the rio Linda fly in this year?
See u all there or Oshkosh 2016! Get your reservations in!
WaiexN143NM
Michael Radtke
WaiexN143NM

Return to Fly-Ins