Ramona Airport Open House

Announce and discuss upcoming fly-ins

Ramona Airport Open House

Postby hickej » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:42 pm

I will have my Waiex on display. How about all of you Southern California Sonex owners fly down for the afternoon. It would be awesome to see a great turn out at this Open House. Let me know if you think you can make it.
-Jim Hicke

hickej

Re: Ramona Airport Open House

Postby Gripdana » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:31 pm

I will be there. It might be after 8am if I have to work late the night before.
Dana Baker
Scratch Built
First Flight March 8, 2015
Sonex #1534 - N1534S "Aluminum Foil"
Aerovee-Dual Controls-Tail Dragger
Gripdana

Postby hickej » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:30 am

Ramona Airport Open House Event Schedule
11/14/2015 KRNM

Jim's Waiex will be on display, Dana is flying down - All Sonex owners welcome!

8:00 AM Pancake Breakfast: Los Amigos
9:00 AM Opening Ceremonies: Welcome and Introduction of Guests of Honor, Tuskegee Airmen

Music DJ & Karaoke

10:00 AM Tours begin and run through 2:00 PM:
Air Traffic Control Tower
CalFIRE Control Tower
Classic Rotors Museum

12:00 PM Mexican Fiesta Lunch
1:00 PM Piñata in the Kid’s Zone
3:00 PM Closing Announcement and Thank you’s

On going throughout the day

Cal Fire Air Tankers And Spotter Plane Tours, Ramona Fire Department Station 80, "Big Jimmy", U.S. Forestry Trucks, U.S. Forest Service Helicopter, Smokey Bear, Sheriff's Department Copter 10, Mercy Air, Tuskegee Airmen, Antique Airplane Association, San Diego 99s, Women In Aviation International, Pilots N Paws, Young Eagles, Plus One Flyers, Cert Volunteers, Classic Rotors Museum, Chuck Hall Aviation, Pacific Executive Aviation, Jimmy Carter's Flight School, Julie Keane Aviation, Static Display Aircraft,
C-45 Rides For A Nominal Fee, Vintage Cars, Kid's Zone, And Classic Fighters Formation Clinic
hickej

Postby hickej » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:18 am

It was good to see you Dana and I'm glad your newly minted Sonex made the trip down to Ramona. It was a great open house. I must have put 20 or 30 kids into my airplane and let them move the controls and make airplane noises. My favorite thing to do was to tell them not to press the missile button! Their parents were so grateful and took pictures of the smiles on their faces. I was also able to give ground checkouts to prospective buyers and a couple of young prospective pilots. I saw lots of people reading my Sonex information cards and writing down the web address. Who knows, we may have planted the seed of a new Sonex owner today. All in all it was a great day. Sorry I don't have more pictures but I was constantly talking to people and showing kids the inside of an airplane. Great fun spreading the word on the Sonex brand.
hickej

Return to Fly-Ins