Airventure 2015 Housing @ 7th Heaven

Announce and discuss upcoming fly-ins

Airventure 2015 Housing @ 7th Heaven

Postby Oshpilot » Mon May 04, 2015 9:18 am

AirVenture Housing

Once again we are opening 7th Heaven for wayward Sonex Pilots/Builders looking for a place to stay during AirVenture 2015.
We have indoor rooms (shared) as well as camping in the yard amongst the airplane noise!! For those unfamiliar, we are on the SE corner of the (KOSH) airport on taxiway Delta (which is the Alpha Four extension east of Rwy 18/36), approximately 150 yds from runway 18/36 (in view!)
All accommodations include bathroom/shower privileges as well as daily breakfast. Other meals are on your own!
As in previous years, we first take reservations from those who have previously stayed with us, followed by newcomers on a first come first served basis. Inside we have room for 8 people and virtually unlimited campers in the yard.
PLEASE contact me at wedan444@sbcglobal.net by June 1st with your intent to stay at 7th Heaven. After June 1st I will work the waiting list following the previous guest reservations. Please state your arrival and departure dates as well as how many you are bringing as well as indoors or camping.
Wayne & Kathy Daniels N444SX
Wayne, Oshkosh, Sonex N444SX, Conventional gear, Jab 3300, Enigma
Oshpilot

Re: Airventure 2015 Housing @ 7th Heaven

Postby fastj22 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:24 am

Thanks for the offer. Logistically, how do you get to the show from that side? I assume, we leave our planes at the Sonex booth.

John Gillis
SEL Private, Comm Glider, Tow pilot (Pawnee Driver)
Waiex N116YX, Jabiru 3300, Tail dragger,
First flight, 3/16/2013. 403 hours and climbing.
Home: CO15. KOSH x 5
Flying a B-Model Conversion (Super Bee Baby!)
fastj22

Postby Oshpilot » Tue May 05, 2015 9:48 am

fastj22 wrote:Thanks for the offer. Logistically, how do you get to the show from that side? I assume, we leave our planes at the Sonex booth.

Yes, it is presumably easiest to park your plane at the Sonex booth during your stay. I have (hopefully) attached an image of KOSH and my location. I am directly across 18/36 from the Ultralight Red Barn. Typically there are a few guests who drive in and stay with us. At breakfast they generally make arrangements with each other for transportation to/from the show line. The ultralight barn is within eyesight of my house, but it about a 4mile drive to get around the end of the runway to get to parking over there. From that point there are trams up and down the flight line, as well as a GOOD comfortable pair of shoes (which is a MUST as OSH anyway!) I've yet to see anyone get stranded on one side or the other of the field...sharing plans and phone #'s goes a long way!
Wayne
Attachments
IMG_0021.jpg
IMG_0021.jpg (92.77 KiB) Viewed 3406 times
Wayne, Oshkosh, Sonex N444SX, Conventional gear, Jab 3300, Enigma
Oshpilot

Postby Bryan Cotton » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:37 am

Thanks Wayne and Kathy for hosting us! Hope to be able to stay longer next time. It was a good first trip to Oshkosh for Lynn and Matthew. The boys got their 2 hour A&P credit and toolbox from Kidventure. It was great to stay close enough to get there and back easily, but far enough away that the tired campers could get enough sleep to handle the next day! It was nice to meet a few folks from the Sonex community at breakfast too. You are both wonderful people and I am glad you extend this offer to the Sonex gang!
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Return to Fly-Ins