Tracy OBrien Brakes?

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Tracy OBrien Brakes?

Postby rwthomas1 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:54 am

Hello All,
Inventory of my Sonex kit parts turned up a set of Tracy OBrien brakes. I purchased them a while back and kinda forgot about them. Looking around online I don't see Tracy OBrien products other than a set of seals available. Are these brakes still a viable option? Parts available? Wondering if its worth installing them if they are no longer supported? Does anyone know the deal? Thanks much, RT
rwthomas1

Re: Tracy OBrien Brakes?

Postby rwthomas1 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:07 am

Gonna answer my own question here... You know those moments when you think, well, should have asked first? Contacted Tracy OBrien directly and learned he's been tied up with family issues for a while. These have apparently resolved and he stated that parts and product will be available in the next 8-10weeks, so check back then. Thats good news for anyone that has these brakes....

RT
rwthomas1

Postby daleandee » Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:32 am

rwthomas1 wrote:Contacted Tracy OBrien directly and learned he's been tied up with family issues for a while. These have apparently resolved and he stated that parts and product will be available in the next 8-10weeks, so check back then.

RT

I have these and like them but have wondered what was happening with the company. This is great news.

Thanks for the update.

Dale
3.0 Corvair/Tailwheel
daleandee

Postby karmarepair » Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:22 am

rwthomas1 wrote:Gonna answer my own question here... You know those moments when you think, well, should have asked first? Contacted Tracy OBrien directly and learned he's been tied up with family issues for a while. These have apparently resolved and he stated that parts and product will be available in the next 8-10weeks, so check back then. Thats good news for anyone that has these brakes....

RT

I have them too, with a Sonex master and parking brake. I'm having trouble keeping them bled, I think the 20+ year old seals are due for replacement.
karmarepair

Return to General Discussion