G-Meter

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

G-Meter

Postby BRS » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:17 pm

I've been wanting a G-meter for my sonex but didn't have panel space for it. I had this old Belite LED g-meter in my (not)junk bin. So I 3D printed a holder that would clip to the lip of the glare shield.
2024-02-13-08-41-20-493-01.jpeg

This meter was rather hard to read in flight so I've always been on the lookout for something better and easier to read. A couple of weeks ago I found and ad int he back of KitPlanes that fit the bill. With many functions and a very easy to read display all I needed was a way to mount it. So I fired up Shapr3d and came up with a similar mount that I used on the Belite device. The major difference is that instead of one 9 volt battery this mount uses two.

2024-02-15-19-51-26-034-01.jpeg
Showing 01:16 hours on the timer function. The ":" blinked off when taking the pic

I've been doing a bench-test for the past four hours to see how long this will run. Since the batteries I'm using were old left over when we installed new smoke detector batteries they are not exactly fresh. The meter claims to work on 9-30 volts. After four hours the combined voltage of the two used batteries is 14.5v.

Does anyone else have a removagle G meter they would share?
-Brock
Sonex-A (s/n 1013)
R2300, P-tip 54/50
Center Stick
V16, TT22
BRS

Return to General Discussion