Central Valley ca, Willing to give me a tour of their b?

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Central Valley ca, Willing to give me a tour of their b?

Postby AstroAussie » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:38 pm

I’m located in Fresno, CA. I am willing to drive. I attempted the builder data base but no luck with any builder listed on there. I would really love to check out a sonex or waiex model b. Maybe a flight? I have my ppl, currently have a bit over 230 hrs and I’m IFR rated. Doing my commercial at the moment. I very interested in building my own aircraft and I settled on the waiex model B ut I would love to check one out to basically solidify my decision.

I know there is a sonex located in los banjos but idk what model it is as I never got close to it. But other than that idk, I reached out to my local EAA chapter but they never replied. They don’t even have any planned events or anything.

Hopefully I can get some luck here. Thanks in advance!!
AstroAussie

Re: Central Valley ca, Willing to give me a tour of their b?

Postby lakespookie » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:53 pm

Check the EAA builders logs might not get you an actual flying aircraft but you would at least get a look at the build process and depending on how far a local build is might even be close enough to complete to get a good idea on size/fit. if i remeber correctly the width of the cockpit is the same as a cessna. if you are taller the bow of the canpoy can make it a little tighter
Saturday's Building Live Stream
Jill's Build Log
PPL-ASEL
Tail = Complete
Wings Closed Out = 02/04/2024

Waiex-B 0054
Panel G3X
Engine Spyder 120 corvair conversion
lakespookie

Return to General Discussion