How about an inflatable hangar?

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

How about an inflatable hangar?

Postby Oshpilot » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:39 am

Wayne, Oshkosh, Sonex N444SX, Conventional gear, Jab 3300, Enigma
Oshpilot

Re: How about an inflatable hangar?

Postby GraemeSmith » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:23 am

Interesting! "World's Biggest" - Perhaps by volume but the one for Solar Impule was larger for wingspan by a few inches.

https://www.fly-in.it/en/portfolio/mobi ... r-impulse/

--

As it's a temporary structure and not subject to planning regs at our airport - I wonder how the FBO would feel about me putting a small one over the Sonex in the tie downs.....?
Graeme JW Smith
GraemeSmith

Postby BRS » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:41 pm

GraemeSmith wrote:...
As it's a temporary structure and not subject to planning regs at our airport - I wonder how the FBO would feel about me putting a small one over the Sonex in the tie downs.....?

I imagine it would have to be plugged in with an inflation fan going all the time. Do your tie downs have power? An inflatable for the sonex wouldn't have to be very large at all.
-Brock
Sonex-A (s/n 1013)
R2300, P-tip 54/50
Center Stick
V16, TT22
BRS

Postby GraemeSmith » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:29 pm

BRS wrote:I imagine it would have to be plugged in with an inflation fan going all the time. Do your tie downs have power? An inflatable for the sonex wouldn't have to be very large at all.

Old Lead Acid Batteries in a block for storage, a few more solar panels. Who needs power in the tie downs? :-) It's how I currently maintain my starting battery. Just need to collect a bit more light and store it for night......
Graeme JW Smith
GraemeSmith

Return to General Discussion