Onex in the UK?

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Onex in the UK?

Postby uteboy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:05 pm

The UK Sonex importer enquired on the LAA forum how much interest there was in them getting UK approval for the Onex;

http://www.lightaircraftassociation.co. ... php?t=2939

As you can see he got a very disappointing response and I don't understand exactly why, although some good points were made. There seems to be so much more enthusiasm for the Onex west of the pond than here but why is that?
uteboy

Re: Onex in the UK?

Postby Mike53 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:55 pm

My first thought was 'This is not a very accurate consensus with only 4 responses.My guess is flying and plane ownership is much more expensive on your side of the pond just like housing is,so if your going to build a kit you want it to fulfill as many rolls as is possible ie; carrying passengers,long rang,etc.As the last poster noted Single seat planes are not very popular in Great Britain.
Still I would have thought the fact that you could trailer it home would be a big plus.I do think you should put your 2 cents in ,maybe it will bring out a few more positive results.
Mike
Mike
I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Reserved C-FONX for the 80th Onex,Hummel 85HP ,Tri gear,GRT Mini X EFIS,and EMS,iFly 740 GPS
Mike53

Re: Onex in the UK?

Postby uteboy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:08 pm

Mike, I wish it was only 2 cents! the LAA forum is read only unless you cough up GBP48 to join which i'll have to at some point.....but until then they will have to do without my wisdom. Its a shame because the weights they mention are not quite correct (although I think thats down to sonex) and there are lots of single seaters on the register. From a previous post on there was some negativity about Sonex although the LAA themselves appear quite positive. Perhaps its just that its early days for Sonex in the UK.
uteboy

Return to General Discussion