2018 member BBQ

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

2018 member BBQ

Postby Sonex Foundation » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:30 pm

Cross posting this so it is open for comments - no rides other than self organized, so use this thread if you want to go and need a ride, have questions, or comments.

Hey all you Sonex builders, pilots, and enthusiasts

We are planning another member BBQ at Oshkosh, but it must have member support in order to succeed.

We are lucky to have Wayne Daniels as a host for this event, and are planning this as a member-driven BBQ. There is no transportation provided so members need to self organize their way to and from Wayne's.

Wayne's address is:
3778 Red Oak Ct
Oshkosh WI 54902

The party will be an informal BYOB (Bring your own beverage - if you drive please DO NOT plan on drinking alcohol!) burgers and brats affair at Wayne's 7th Heaven over on the east side of Wittman Field. The date is set as Wednesday July 25th, 2018 and the time is 6 pm local.

The night airshow is a highlight of the week, and we can enjoy it from the perspective of Wayne's backyard. Our plan is to keep costs to a minimum, hopefully around $5 a head.

We have created a signup sheet online - in order to plan for this event you MUST sign up!

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090c4ca4a62aa7f58-2018
Robbie Culver
President
Sonex Builders and Pilots Foundation
http://www.Sonexfoundation.com
Sonex Foundation

Re: 2018 member BBQ

Postby Bill Sargent » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi all.
My wife Noreen and I plan to go to the BBQ at Waynes.
We are wondering if there would be anyone that could give us a ride to and from the venue.
We have travelled from New Zealand and are staying at the University Dorms. We will be at airventure during the day.Even a ride to a city bus stop would be a great help.
Thanks
Bill Sargent
Sonex # 160
Bill Sargent

Re: 2018 member BBQ

Postby x3 skier » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:49 am

Bill, I’m staying at the Dorrm as well and would be happy to give you a ride to/from the BBQ and Dorm.

Send me an email at Rick@skibuff.com and we can work out the details.

Cheers
Onex 202, Finishing Fuselage Kit, Controls/Gear/Engine Config kit delivered.
x3 skier

2018 member BBQ

Postby n307tw » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:15 am

First time Oshkosh guy here. My buddy and I are towing a camper in with a SUV so we can definitely bring 3 (5 uncomfortably) from the campground to/from Wayne’s if people need a ride. Thanks for hosting us, we look forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tim Wrede
Long Island, NY
Sonex-B #18, Nosedragger
Aeromomentum AM15, Garmin G3X
My Build Site
n307tw

Return to General Discussion