What's the best way to route antenna cables

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

What's the best way to route antenna cables

Postby 8pointroll » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:48 pm

I'm hoping the experts among you will provide some guidance. I am using RG400 for transponder (GTX-327), ADS-B out (echoUAT), comm (Icom210) and ELT antennas.
1. Is it Ok to run the antenna wires parallel to each other?
2. If it's ok to run them parallel, can they be close together or what sould be the minimum space between them?
3. If my memory serves me, it is ok to cross them at 90 degree angles--am I correct?
4. The transponder antenna is 25" away from the bent whip comm antenna base--does this present a problem? The transponder antenna is on the belly just in front of the main wing spar housing, the comm antenna base is on the belly 25" behind that, the ADS-B out mounting hole is not drilled yet but would be approx 60" behind the comm antenna base also on the belly and the ELT antenna is on the top of the vertical stabilizer under the fiberglass tip.

Thanks for your advice. Stuart--Sonex 1106 with the nose training wheel which should leave the nest by mid 2018
8pointroll

Return to General Discussion