elevator throws

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

elevator throws

Postby dfcpac » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:48 pm

I can only get maximum 22 degrees up elevator. is that enough? did anyone else have this problem on the onex plane?

thanks
dan carley
dfcpac

Re: elevator throws

Postby onex28 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:37 am

Hey Dan, you are good to go with 22 degrees up elevator on your Onex. Several posts claim that the factory states that 18 degrees is acceptable. Search this site for "Onex Up elevator degrees" to read the posts. I had to grind the horn to get 22 degrees up.

David
N951X
N351D
onex28

Postby dfcpac » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:11 am

hi david
if that is correct which it is why doesn't sonex revise there plans. I've found a few conflicting problems on there prints. i'm sure the dar inspector will want that 22 degrees is good in writing from the factory.
thanks
danny
n127nx
dfcpac

Postby lgsievila » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:17 pm

In early June of 2012 I sent several emails and had some phone calls with Sonex regarding elevator travel. I kept every email I received from Sonex during my build process and attached is a copy of an email from Jeremy

As the designer of the aircraft who has personally flown prototype #1 with
20 degrees of up travel, I am a-ok with you keeping your up travel where you have it right now and continuing to move forward.

On the subject of building another prototype, I  don't see why this would be necessary. A number of Onex Aircraft are nearing completion in additon to one already flying. These customers have given us excellent feedback on items needing changing and these have been recorded on the rev log for all builders  to use. The two prototypes we have were built from most of the exact same parts you have in your kit. We learned a great deal from building these and know we can get you through any issues you encounter.

Regards,
-jeremy
--
Jeremy Monnett
CEO
Sonex Aircraft, LLC
Loren Sievila
Conventional Gear Onex33
CAMit 2200
Dynon Skyview
lgsievila

Postby peter anson » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:35 pm

lgsievila wrote:As the designer of the aircraft who has personally flown prototype #1 with
20 degrees of up travel, I am a-ok with you keeping your up travel where you have it right now and continuing to move forward.

On the subject of building another prototype, I don't see why this would be necessary. A number of Onex Aircraft are nearing completion in additon to one already flying. These customers have given us excellent feedback on items needing changing and these have been recorded on the rev log for all builders to use. The two prototypes we have were built from most of the exact same parts you have in your kit. We learned a great deal from building these and know we can get you through any issues you encounter.

Regards,
-jeremy

But I'm guessing that at the bottom of that email is a disclaimer saying effectively "any changes from the drawing are the responsibility of the builder". In other words, "It's on your head".

Peter
peter anson

Postby lgsievila » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:19 pm

Your guess is incorrect Peter-there was no disclaimer.
Loren Sievila
Conventional Gear Onex33
CAMit 2200
Dynon Skyview
lgsievila

Return to General Discussion