site down today

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

site down today

Postby chris » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Hey everybody... the site was down for several hours earlier today. I could not figure the problem out despite my best efforts. It came back online about 9:00pm eastern on its own. I am assuming that it was a host issue. I apologize to anybody that was trying to use the site during that time.
Chris
Sonex 1409
Slowly Scratch Building
Site Owner/Admin
chris
Site Admin

Re: site down today

Postby chris » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:16 pm

Site was down again today for around 7 hours. The reliability from the current host is not acceptable. I've already signed up with a different host and will make the switch over night. Would've been done earlier but I was visiting Carlsbad Caverns for the weekend. Neat place if you haven't been, its worth the trip.

Edit: Due to domain transfer regulations the switch to the new host has to wait until August (60 days after registering) :x
Chris
Sonex 1409
Slowly Scratch Building
Site Owner/Admin
chris
Site Admin

Postby bhassel » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:28 pm

I have some good freinds down in that part of the state. There's a cavern system that's even larger than Carlsbad a little further north. It's not very well known and generally not open to the public. It's in the Ft Stanwicks area around Ruiduso.

Enjoy the trip but remember the number one quextion in New Mexico is 'red or green'? Go Christmas (it's both). I think the best green is down south and the best red is up north!

Have fun.

Bob
bhassel

Postby chris » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:41 pm

I didn't know about the caverns near Ruidoso. We stayed there one night. I'm in abq now so since that's the middle, I guess I have to go christmas by default? I generally prefer red but depends on the place. I miss the chile when I leave.

Carlsbad:

Chris
Sonex 1409
Slowly Scratch Building
Site Owner/Admin
chris
Site Admin

Postby Andy Walker » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:14 am

Sorry about the hosting issue, glad you found somebody else. Also glad you made it to Carlsbad, I've been there and it's spectacular.
Andy Walker

Return to General Discussion