RED light

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

RED light

Postby SonexEZ » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:19 am

I have just got done over hauling the top end the aerovee runs very good problem i am have i always have a red light all the parameters are good , I never noticed this before
SonexEZ

Re: RED light

Postby fastj22 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:11 am

Which efis? Usually an alarm light is wired between the efis alarm lead and a 12v source. When the efis senses an alarm condition, it grounds the circuit thus illuminating the light.
Check your wiring to make sure it isn't prematurely grounded.
Also check all your parameters on the efis to see if something is causing the alarm condition but isn't a parameter you are displaying.

John Gillis
SEL Private, Comm Glider, Tow pilot (Pawnee Driver)
Waiex N116YX, Jabiru 3300, Tail dragger,
First flight, 3/16/2013. 403 hours and climbing.
Home: CO15. KOSH x 5
Flying a B-Model Conversion (Super Bee Baby!)
fastj22

Postby SonexEZ » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:40 am

fastj22 wrote:Which efis? Usually an alarm light is wired between the efis alarm lead and a 12v source. When the efis senses an alarm condition, it grounds the circuit thus illuminating the light.
Also check all your parameters on the efis to see if something is causing the alarm condition but isn't a parameter you are displaying.

i will look today
SonexEZ

Postby SonexEZ » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:24 pm

I replaced the harness today still have a red light , I wanted to hook up the front two CHT all cylinders are very near the same in temp ,going to check alternator tommorow and regulator output
SonexEZ

Postby SonexEZ » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:31 pm

SonexEZ wrote:
fastj22 wrote:Which efis? Usually an alarm light is wired between the efis alarm lead and a 12v source. When the efis senses an alarm condition, it grounds the circuit thus illuminating the light.

i will look today
SonexEZ wrote:I replaced the harness today still have a red light , I wanted to hook up the front two CHT all cylinders are very near the same in temp ,going to check alternator tommorow and regulator output

EIS 4000 i didnt have this light before not sure if i change a setting but i have been though the settings a dosent times , she is charging as should I dont know what else to do , I wrote to the company a week ago and still havent heard anything
SonexEZ

Postby SonexEZ » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:28 am

EIS finally calle dme back and i was right at the aircraft went though settings and it is fixed dam what a pain when you are not the one who set it up
SonexEZ

Postby fastj22 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:55 am

Good news. I replaced the RDAC for my MGL a month ago and am still chasing bugs with it. These electronic do dads are pretty neat when they work, when they don't, not so much.

John Gillis
SEL Private, Comm Glider, Tow pilot (Pawnee Driver)
Waiex N116YX, Jabiru 3300, Tail dragger,
First flight, 3/16/2013. 403 hours and climbing.
Home: CO15. KOSH x 5
Flying a B-Model Conversion (Super Bee Baby!)
fastj22

Return to General Discussion