Sport Pilot Bi Annual

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Sport Pilot Bi Annual

Postby ededoad » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:24 am

Any one know where I can get a sport pilot check ride near Corpus Christi? I have a commercial instrument se @ me but no medical. I have permission from the FAA to fly my Sonex but no biannual.

I had the same trouble trying to get my Sonex inspected as none of the DAR'S within 200 miles would except one that was unavailable would even answer emails or phone. Finally the FAA did it during a trip to the local JC. Having the same problem with flight instructors.

Regards, Ed
ededoad

Re: Sport Pilot Bi Annual

Postby radfordc » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:46 am

You can get a flight review from any qualified CFI in any aircraft. The flight review is considered "training" and you don't have to be the PIC. This is my understanding after talking to my CFI last month about the review I'm due next spring.
radfordc

Postby Sonerai13 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:10 am

radfordc wrote:You can get a flight review from any qualified CFI in any aircraft. The flight review is considered "training" and you don't have to be the PIC. This is my understanding after talking to my CFI last month about the review I'm due next spring.

This is correct. As long as the CFI is willing to act as PIC for the flight review, you can take the review in any aircraft for which you hold a proper certificate and rating.
Joe Norris
Sonex N208GD (S/N 450)
Sonerai II N13NN (S/N 1206)
Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
Sonerai13

Postby LarryEWaiex121 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:38 pm

Yup,

Took mine in a 172 a year ago during 105 degree heat. Told my CFI I wouldn't abuse my Waiex in that heat with slowflights and stalls and steep turns. etc.
He said, "lets take the 172 because today is the only day I have between fire patrols". I asked him if that was proper? He said, "you have flown a 172 before correct"? I have but not for 25 yrs.
Was waaaaaaay easier to fly on a checkride than the Waiex I've done twice in the past. It holds altitude all by itself in comparison but felt like I was driving a 1965 Buick after flying my Waiex so much.

Larry
Waiex 121YX, Jab3300 solid, 456.5 hrs and climbing.
LarryEWaiex121

Postby Bryan Cotton » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:04 pm

I am rated in airplanes, gliders, and helicopters. Have not flown them in 2, 3, and 5+ years. I could do my flight review in any of the 3 and I am covered for another 2 years in all types.
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Postby Sonerai13 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:40 pm

Bryan Cotton wrote:I am rated in airplanes, gliders, and helicopters. Have not flown them in 2, 3, and 5+ years. I could do my flight review in any of the 3 and I am covered for another 2 years in all types.

Yes, you only need one flight review, in any aircraft for which you are rated, and you're covered. I have done this myself several times. Sometimes my flight review has been in an airplane, and sometimes in a helicopter. Either one takes care of the requirement for everything.
Joe Norris
Sonex N208GD (S/N 450)
Sonerai II N13NN (S/N 1206)
Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
Sonerai13

Return to General Discussion