Airworthiness inspection questions

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Re: Airworthiness inspection questions

Postby builderflyer » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:52 am

pfhoeycfi wrote:
At some point I need to get the aircraft to a shop for the transponder test but I'm under the Philly Mode C Veil. I'm not sure how to make that happen given I need to fly to a shop to get the transponder tested and I presumably cant fly until the transponder is tested (I'm assuming the test needs to be performed while the transponder is in the airplane). Do you have any suggestions or clarification for that catch 22?

Thank you,

Peter

Peter......as Bryan said, you may be able to find a shop to come to you to do the transponder certification. Here, in northern California we have a fellow who comes from a couple hundred miles away to do the certification on many aircraft along a route he travels periodically. So because of the volume of work he gets on his trip, he actually charges less than if we individually flew to his shop. Try calling shops around in your area...........

Art,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sonex taildragger #95,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jabiru 3300 #261
builderflyer

Postby pfhoeycfi » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:19 pm

After uploading the required forms, I click save and next, or just save and get the message in red. I cannot get the green check mark to appear next to the "documents" field. I've tried deleting the forms and re-uploading. I've signed out and then back in. NG. Scroll down ...the forms are there. Any ideas?

peter
Attachments
AWC_DOCS.JPG
AWC_DOCS.JPG (64 KiB) Viewed 971 times
Peter Hoey
SEL Pvt, Comm Glider, CFIG, Pawnee & L19 Towpilot
Philadelphia Glider Council
Sonex B SNB0021, N561PH, Taildragger, Aerovee Turbo, MGL MX1, First flight Dec 18, 2022
Also built Sonerai IIL N86PH
pfhoeycfi

Postby Bryan Cotton » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:41 pm

Here is mine. I think the digital 8130-6 was auto-generated from one of the other pages, but I don't remember for sure.
Attachments
Documents for AWC.png
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Postby pfhoeycfi » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:31 pm

Bryan Cotton wrote:Here is mine. I think the digital 8130-6 was auto-generated from one of the other pages, but I don't remember for sure.

Yeah I don't have that digital 8130-6 entry. Maybe that shows up after hitting submit. I went back to the beginning and did every step per the EAA guide. I can see the uploaded docs in the review section. I just don't have the green checkmark indicating I'm done with the upload doc section. Its prob ok. I'll submit.
Peter Hoey
SEL Pvt, Comm Glider, CFIG, Pawnee & L19 Towpilot
Philadelphia Glider Council
Sonex B SNB0021, N561PH, Taildragger, Aerovee Turbo, MGL MX1, First flight Dec 18, 2022
Also built Sonerai IIL N86PH
pfhoeycfi

Postby Jerry09w » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:35 pm

According to the regulation (FAR43 appendix F) the test can be done on the bench. You should be able to drive the transponder to a shop and have it inspected. If it is a new installation with a separate encoder you have to make sure the data transfers correctly from the encoder to the transponder. When I had a shop, I had a few customers who shipped their transponders in for the test.
Jerry09w

Previous

Return to General Discussion