EAA vs SOS airventure beer tent

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Re: EAA vs SOS airventure beer tent

Postby Fastcapy » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:56 pm

Just verified that the SOS Bros tent is up and still in the same place.

And get this, they have the best/most convenient parking out there now since EAA screwed with all the traffic flow and parking lots. I must say I have to chuckle at that one.
Mike Beck
Oshkosh, WI (KOSH)
Sonex #1145 N920MB
Std Gear, Modified Aerovee, Rotec TBI, Dual Stick, Acro Ailerons
MGL Panel
Airworthiness: 10/24/13, First Flight: 05/18/14
Fastcapy

Postby Sonerai13 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:36 pm

Fastcapy wrote:I can drive through there after work and verify the tent is in the same place as prior years but I haven't heard anything about it being moved to a different location.

The tent will certainly be in the same place, since they own that piece of property.
Joe Norris
Sonex N208GD (S/N 450)
Sonerai II N13NN (S/N 1206)
Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
Sonerai13

Postby WaiexN143NM » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:28 am

Hi all,
I stopped by daily to support SOS. busy all week, lots of people, car parking lot full.
Seems like the EAA/ SOS made peace?
hats just say SOS brothers oshkosh. t shirts had a nice multi colored pattern of small planes in formation.
no mention of ‘beer venture’
i hope both sides move on.
a good venue for the campers at nite.
and yes i parked in the museum lot everyday which was more full than ever , due to the traffic lines.
waukau ave choked down from 3 to one lane. huge traffic back ups on the frontage road by scholler and north on 9th ave.
i think whoever dreamed this flow up this year needs to sharpen their pencil and scratch their head.

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby GraemeSmith » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:13 pm

I actually did a trademark search at the time and I think what probably happened is SOS were able to point out that they had a prior use of AirVenture as a registered trademark for food and beverage service. When EAA registered their marks they couldn't (didn't try) in that area because SOS had beat them to it.

There are also others who trademarked "Airventure" in other areas of commerce so it might be argued by the others that EAA was treading on them.

I hope EAA saw sense and just let it drop.
Graeme JW Smith
GraemeSmith

Previous

Return to General Discussion