Differential Brake Pedals Bent

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Re: Differential Brake Pedals Bent

Postby XenosN42 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:02 am

DCASonex wrote:Michael, The photo in the link is not of my design but does look to be much stronger than the design Wes had, with a tube running up to the pedal rather than the torsion-ally weak flat bar. Mine would have been posted on the old website back around 2012. I have a file with every modification I posted back then if of any interest, Some would apply only to the old A series and some like my 6" tail wheel design have been supplanted by Sonex offering their own.

David A.

Hi David, forward those files to mailto://Admin@SonexFoundation.com and I'll add them to the site.

Thanks
-- Michael
OneX N169XE
author of the 'Flight Data Viewer'
XenosN42

Re: Differential Brake Pedals Bent

Postby DCASonex » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:11 pm

racaldwell wrote: Good idea to offset the foot pedal forward. It was awkward trying to press so far with extended toes. I'll try adding a rubber sleeve before I do more surgery on the pedals.

Rick Caldwell
Xenos 0057

Rick, I would not recommend putting the brake pedal portion of the rudder pedal forward of the standard lower cross tube of the rudder pedals. The pedals swing under the overhead mounted torque tubes, and the further forward you press a rudder pedal, the further back your foot must flex to avoid inadvertently operating the toe brake.

David A.
DCASonex

Previous

Return to General Discussion