EAA vs SOS airventure beer tent

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Re: EAA vs SOS airventure beer tent

Postby WaiexN143NM » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi all
I hope you had time to read all the links in this report. This is truly disturbing on EAA ‘s part.
The pdf link, the eaa wants to be compensated for any profits the brothers have made since they have operated the beer tent, want compensatory, statutory, punitive damages. pay for all legal fees.
They had land taken from them during a faa aip funds use with immient domain.
It seems to me a simple letter to the brothers requesting to stop using ‘venture’ in their wording of their tent would suffice. Should every resturant , bar, store, in the oshkosh area that has banners, marquees, signs welcoming visitors during the week and using eaa or airventure in the wording pay royalities to eaa.?
Should the eaa file a lawsuit against every landowner along the route entering the airventure grounds and advertise eaa parking on their private property.? for all the profit they ever made?

3 sosnoski brothers are named in the suit. the other brother allan has had a recent serious motorycycle accident.
im sure we all wish him a speedy recovery. the eaa retains the right to add him later to the suit.

I’d sure like to know how much the eaa has spent on this lawsuit, our member paid dues.
Jack pelton and the board have some explaning to us.

ive seen on hot and humid days at eaa airventre women wearing bikini tops. are we going to have a dress code now at airventure?

As for the image of the eaa and reputaton harmed? really ? a few girls in bikini tops at the beer tent?

I think that at next years airventure we need to show up at the theatre in woods on the morning they have the pres and board and publicly state the financials. Lets ask some questions to them , and voice our displeasure with this lawsuit.

shame on the EAA. i no longer hold this organization in the highest regard i once thought.

when and if this goes to a jury trial i sure hope that the good citizens of oshkosh will show common sense.
keep reading on kathryns report on this link there are more and more comments at the end of the article.

I plan on attending the SOS beer tent everyday air airventure 2020. i hope you do too.
( thanks graeme for the direct link)
If i wear a SOS beerventure tshirt or hat on EAA grounds will security make me take it off? i may not be able to buy one if eaa succedes in this lawsuit, as they want Sos bros to deliver all banners posters tshirts hats etc to them. maybe they will resell them in the eaa wearhouse. what nonsense.
WaiexN143NM
EAA lifetime
Michael
Retired FAA
WaiexN143NM

Postby dbdevkc » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:01 am

"I no longer hold this organization in the highest regard I once thought."

I am president of an EAA Chapter, and have heard statements similar to this since becoming involved in chapters. The organization has become so large and in their efforts to cater to everyone, they have alienated too many of the very type of person that was at the heart of the genesis of the movement. To be sure that are still some in the organization management that are true to its roots, but not many.

Even if they have the legal right and perhaps some logical reason to pursue this, it is still disturbing. They most likely didn't need to do it this way.
[color=#800000]Kevin Conklin
Building Waiex #169
dbdevkc

Postby WaiexN143NM » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:01 am

Hi all,
Thanks kevin for your input. I have one question to ask. what would Pres Paul H. Poberenzy do in this situation?
Maybe jack pelton and the board need to ask themselves this question every time before they make a decision on something. They are trampeling on pauls vision of friendship, inclusiveness, camaraderie, fairness.
I bet if paul was still with us he would stop by the SOS tent and have a beer with us.

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby Gordon » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:00 pm

The EAA Strong Arm

Michael's comments are "spot on". I have been attending "Oshkosh" (I dislike the term Airventure) since the early 70's and have only missed a few in over 45 years. This latest fiasco just confirms what I have thought for some time now......the EAA has turned into a "money machine" and have lost their way in my opinion.

Paul Poberezny (the EAA founder) used to drive around the campground in his Beetle (the RED ONE with the Sonex engine) and stop and speak to the people. I have talked to Paul many times...…….he was very highly respected and loved. Things started to change when Tom took over and strayed from his Dad's mandate..... and now it has "gone sideways" even further.

This lawsuit is a shameful example of EAA chasing every last dollar......did I mention it's turned into a "money machine"? So much for the non-profit image that they like to project...…... Sorry for the rant.

Gordon...…..Hummel 2400......Onex
Gordon

Postby WesRagle » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:04 pm

Hi Guys,

I share in the displeasure everyone has expressed over this lawsuit. I would like to believe that it's just a case of a lawyer going unchecked. It reeks of a revenge case or something of that sort.

Thanks EAA for Light Sport, thanks for Basic Med, thanks for ... But, this is BULL S**T.

Funny side to the story, this is the best advertising Beer Venture ever had. We should make sure that there isn't an empty chair from now on. It's time for creative T-shirts. Ones that push the limit of "infringement" but don't cross the line. Then see if EAA sends out the Gestapo to track its members and locate the source of the heresy :-)

All in Good Fun,

Wes
Wes Ragle
Onex #89
Conventional Gear
Long Tips
Hummel 2400 w/Zenith Carb
Prince P Tip 54x50
First Flight 06/23/2020
42.8 Hrs. as of 10/30/21
WesRagle

Postby Area 51% » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:59 pm

When you get on the perimeter bus next year, don't tell the driver you're going to Friar Tuck's. They might charge you Uber prices.
Area 51%

Postby WaiexN143NM » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:27 pm

Hi all,
article on this fiasco now on www.avweb.com. comments at the end of article similar to the ones on kathrynsreport.
I sure hope that jack pelton and the board read these comments and get an idea of how the eaa membership feels about this nonsense. but the damage and disappointment has already happened. how do you feel about ‘volunteering’ at airventure when the top brass pulls this s**t?

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby WesRagle » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:38 pm

OK, where is the link to the Go Fund Me page to pay for legal defense?

That would be the funniest thing ever :-) Turn the thing into EAA members vs. EAA council.

Wes
Wes Ragle
Onex #89
Conventional Gear
Long Tips
Hummel 2400 w/Zenith Carb
Prince P Tip 54x50
First Flight 06/23/2020
42.8 Hrs. as of 10/30/21
WesRagle

Postby GraemeSmith » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:54 pm

I reached out to a member of the EAA Executive Council who has breakfast at our airport on occasion.

He couldn't directly comment as the matter is now in litigation - but he took note of my comment (not favorable to the EAA position) and agreed to check the forums to see the sentiments.
Graeme JW Smith
GraemeSmith

Postby mike.smith » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:36 pm

I've already emailed my displeasure to EAA headquarters. I don't have Jack's direct email, so I sent it to membership@eaa.org . If you're all so inclined, send your comments to them. Fill up the email inbox.
Mike Smith
Sonex N439M
Scratch built, AeroVee, Dual stick, Tail dragger
http://www.mykitlog.com/mikesmith
mike.smith

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion