Seat Belt Source

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Re: Seat Belt Source

Postby jrs » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:15 pm

I have a quick build Waiex (#40) that I am just going on and discovering new things each day. The canopy, dash, turtle deck, and floor plan were temporary attached and came off first. Then discovered that the aft skin was not attached and that started my inquiry. Interesting thing is that the forward skins are attached at the factory. That means that all wiring and forward work will need to done from above. Last night working on tail post saw that the tail post channel was also temporary. Thank God for that.
Looking at the plans the only things I see aft are the seat belts, ELT, controls, tail wheel and tail post. Once those are done, and tested, I don’t see aft access for anything but checks and the access panel should provide for that ? That ? means I’m a novice and open for input.

Ordered the seat belts from Crow. Thanks for the advice.
jrs

Postby Spaceman » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:33 pm

Ah yeah I hadn't thought of the ELT. I considered the seatbelt but I figured I'd just crawl into the back and deal with it for those two bolts.

I made sure to install my control mixer (waiex) and attach everything that connects to it before putting the floor on. You could probably do it through the access panel but I think it would be a real pain, especially if you ran into any issues.

I'd also install the tailwheel strut before the floor... You can get a socket to the nut through the little 7/8" hole in the floor but I don't think you'd ever get a cotter pin installed with the floor on.
Chris Paegelow
N21YX / Waiex-B #21 / Roseville, CA
http://paegelow.blogspot.com/
Spaceman

Postby Spaceman » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:38 pm

I take back what I said about the tailwheel. I just looked back through my pictures and I actually installed it with the floor cleco'd on. The nut is close enough to the hole that I was able to install the cotter pin with needlenose pliers
Chris Paegelow
N21YX / Waiex-B #21 / Roseville, CA
http://paegelow.blogspot.com/
Spaceman

Postby pfhoeycfi » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:57 pm

I'm looking at the Crow belts. I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts or recommendations of Y vs V harness style and if anyone came up with a way to mount a crotch belt? I think Crow calls it the anti sub belt.

peter
Peter Hoey
SEL Pvt, Comm Glider, CFIG, Pawnee & L19 Towpilot
Philadelphia Glider Council
Sonex B SNB0021, N561PH, Taildragger, Aerovee Turbo, MGL MX1, First flight Dec 18, 2022
Also built Sonerai IIL N86PH
pfhoeycfi

Postby rick9mjn » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:28 am

to add on .02cents....
In Vans catalog 5th pt. installation kit, RV-7/7A, RV-9/9A both seats
Part Number = CROTCH STRAP KIT
Price = $32.00
good day / rick
rick9mjn

Previous

Return to General Discussion